Vintage Mustang Forums banner

What color carpet do I need?

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  roogie 
#1 ·
Ok, first time I pulled the seats since bought her last year. My seats are at the upholstery shop getting new vinyl in the same colors. What color carpet do I need? After clearing off all this burlap, what else should I get to finish it? I'm sure it's not Ford Blue, but Dark Blue or Aqua/turqoise? AHHH Too many colors to pick from!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Depends on your interior color code, but looks like a standard blue with dark blue appointments interior. Mine is code 27, Aqua / Turquoise and takes the Turquoise carpet, definitely has more green in it. I would go with the darker of the two blues on yours. It should be close to the dash pad and seat insert color.

Attachments

#6 ·
ACC will send you samples if you call them.
It may help you decide which is a better match

#11 ·
A rare color indeed. The dash pad is strictly not available. I'd advise dying a black one to match. That makes it easy.
I think "medium saddle" is the way to go on that one. You might like "dark saddle" better. Hard to say what's original, I've only seen one or two originals, and they were likely faded. Whichever matches the dyed pad best.

#8 ·
Palomino is a brown color. I have only seen a couple of 66 Parchment and Palomino Interior cars over the years.
65 Mustangs had a full Palomino colored interior. But the dash pad is not the same as a 66.
For the dash pad you will be using a can of spray dye to change the color of the pad. Just the way it is.

I have been pondering changing the black standard interior in my Red 66 coupe over to Parchment with Palomino.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.