Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting to repaint my '67 GT w/Deluxe Parchment interior. Currently the car is a Porsche Red (nice but a 25 point deduct at MCA Events), so I'm thinking of maybe going with the correct '67 color of Raven Black w/Parchment interior, black carpet & dash pad OR Candyapple Red (also correct for '67). There seems to be a LOT of red cars around so I'm not sure....................What do you all think? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'd go with the black especially if it is your original color. I too had a black Mustang before, 65 K coupe, looked great when clean, but took some time. Black is a tough-looking color, looks great with the right compliment of chrome wheels, trim, etc. Nice off-set with the parchment interior and brushed-aluminum dash.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I saw a black 67 390 convertible with parchment interior at a car show a couple of years ago. What a dazzling looking car. Black is tough to keep up but I don't think any color looks better when properly applied and cleaned. I had two black cars for a few years and wore out a California Duster on them. Yep, go with black with white GT stripes.

G

·
0 Posts
Have you seen the recent Tom Cruise flick "Vanilla Sky"? If so, then the answer to your q is obvious. Trash the CA red idea.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
As an owner of a soon to be on the road original (and now) Black Jade 69 Mach 1 - what's wrong with the original color (moss green)? I love red (my favorite color) - making a decision of what color to paint my mach difficult. When I looked about and saw that red was the most common color for the 69 mach - that regal looking dark green became a lot more distinctive and appealing. There is not a car in the world that looks bad in black, but having owned a black car - be ready for many many cleaning/waxing hours (not that the dark green is that much easier!). Face it - no matter what color you choose - the car will look great!
Dave

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Take a look at '67gt''s (thats 67gt, I think I let the punctuation get away from me).

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/67colors.html

It's dark moss green. If my next project (restomod) is a 67, it will be dark moss green. I also, like the idea of the original color w\ matching data plate, for show cars. I was a little unsure about painting mine the original meadowlark yellow, but I do get many complements on it.

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/68-W.jpg

I'm sure what ever color you choose will look great...it is a Mustang, you know.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I agree, go with the Dark Moss Green! It's not very common and it's gorgeous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts