Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting to repaint my '67 GT w/Deluxe Parchment interior. Currently the car is a Porsche Red (nice but a 25 point deduct at MCA Events), so I'm thinking of maybe going with the correct '67 color of Raven Black w/Parchment interior, black carpet & dash pad OR Candyapple Red (also correct for '67). There seems to be a LOT of red cars around so I'm not sure....................What do you all think? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Black is beautiful but, I'll NEVER have another Blk car. Much like having another job keeping it clean!!!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'd go with the black especially if it is your original color. I too had a black Mustang before, 65 K coupe, looked great when clean, but took some time. Black is a tough-looking color, looks great with the right compliment of chrome wheels, trim, etc. Nice off-set with the parchment interior and brushed-aluminum dash.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I saw a black 67 390 convertible with parchment interior at a car show a couple of years ago. What a dazzling looking car. Black is tough to keep up but I don't think any color looks better when properly applied and cleaned. I had two black cars for a few years and wore out a California Duster on them. Yep, go with black with white GT stripes.

G

·
Have you seen the recent Tom Cruise flick "Vanilla Sky"? If so, then the answer to your q is obvious. Trash the CA red idea.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
As an owner of a soon to be on the road original (and now) Black Jade 69 Mach 1 - what's wrong with the original color (moss green)? I love red (my favorite color) - making a decision of what color to paint my mach difficult. When I looked about and saw that red was the most common color for the 69 mach - that regal looking dark green became a lot more distinctive and appealing. There is not a car in the world that looks bad in black, but having owned a black car - be ready for many many cleaning/waxing hours (not that the dark green is that much easier!). Face it - no matter what color you choose - the car will look great!
Dave

·
Premium Member
1965 Coupe
2,754 Posts
Take a look at '67gt''s (thats 67gt, I think I let the punctuation get away from me).

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/67colors.html

It's dark moss green. If my next project (restomod) is a 67, it will be dark moss green. I also, like the idea of the original color w\ matching data plate, for show cars. I was a little unsure about painting mine the original meadowlark yellow, but I do get many complements on it.

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/68-W.jpg

I'm sure what ever color you choose will look great...it is a Mustang, you know.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...Thanks for the Color combo link! That really helps me see exactly how my car might look! The Dark Moss Green DOES look good! My 1st Mustang (back in '69) was a '65 A code Fastback that was also DMGreen.........I might go with that! Thanks ALL!!

·
Administrator
19,524 Posts
I agree, go with the Dark Moss Green! It's not very common and it's gorgeous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts