Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting body work completed on my 67 coupe, yesterday we removed the cowling cover to inspect the cowlings for rust. Both of the vent caps are bad, which was expected, but what wasn't is what appears to be the clutch pedal sticking up through the cowling. Is this possible, and if it is what could be the cause. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Kalin

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sounds odd to me. Was it the pedal or the mounting bracket for the pedals? The only thing that should be sticking through is the wiper arm connections. I agree that a picture would be helpful.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed you both a pic of the problem area. I hope you can see it okay. I apologize for the size. Thank you for your responses. Kalin

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sure looks like the top of a pedal to me! Has this thing been modified? Perhaps a PO installed the wrong pedal and "made" room. If it's working good, I'd take it out and cut it down to size (compare it to the real McCoy if possible). Or get a known good pedal set.
That hole does NOT belong there.
BTW your cowls look greta compared to the way mine looked! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, and yes I agree the cowls looked a heck of a lot better than I thought they would. I am very happy as far as that goes. I appreciate your advice, thank you............Kalin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts