Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had more than one person ask me if I knew what country a certain DSO 90-99 was. I have checked my reference books and all of they only list DSO 90-99 as export, but none break it down by country. I know that Canada used the B1-B7 DSOs, so 90-99 should not be Canada. Does anyone know? Or is this another Ford unsolved mystery?

Check out my Links to Mustang Sites web site at
http://links.vintage-mustang.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Tom,
I am Claes from Sweden. I haven't been able to figure out how Ford did the coding on export DSO. My 64 Fairlane has 90, Mustangs sold to Sweden in 65 seem to have 90 or 91, and Mustangs sold in Sweden in -66 have 95, same as most T5's.
Perhaps we could do a survey on the VMF, and gather some material from the foreign Mustangers, and maybe a pattern will show up?
regards,
Claes

ps I also sent this to you as a private message. ds

66 2+2
64 Fairlane 500 project

·
Registered
258 Posts
Tom,
This is going to be a very unsatisfactory explanation, but I can tell you that the export DSOs are NOT related to the country they were shipped to. As you may know, our company has the entire 67-73 Ford production database at our disposal. Unfortunately, there was no factory documentation for the export DSOs. But what I did do is tryvarious tests. I knew, for example, that all the T-5 Mustangs went to Germany and thereabouts. Would they all share DSOs? No, I have DSOs for them that go from 90 to 99. I am continuing to look for patterns to try to break it down. What seems to be emerging is that the number relates more to the size or importance of the dealership. The lower numbers seem to be associated with more prominent dealerships. I guess its like the ranking system on this forum (although I had my heart set on being "Mr. Data", I am, alas a "Tire Kicker"). Someone who first visits is a "Stranger." As we contribute, we "move up." I'm guessing it was similar with the Ford Export DSOs. If I ever learn more, I'll post.

Kevin Marti
Marti Auto Works
http://www.martiauto.com
(623)935-2558
http://martiauto.com/logos/logo_MAW.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
Kevin, our T5 registry (Gary Hanson's and my german part) does not show any 97-99 DSOs. If you have any T5s with a 97-99 in your files, please confirm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all and Kevin I have talked to you a few times over the email but want to let you guys know I have a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD that is sold new from a Dutch showroom floor in may 1965 by a small Ford Dealer that was in a small town, for sure this is the only US Ford he ever sold.
The DSO on my Galaxie is 900033, that is a few digit's more, 90 is for export but what the rest means ? I know it was not assambled at the Amsterdam assembly factory of Ford because it has the Mahwah factory code. I have all the documents even a warranty from that Ford Dealer and I'm the second owner.
Thanks for reading !!

Greetz from the land of the Windmills and Wooden Shoe's
Hans Winters

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 1965 fastback had a DSO of 95 and my guess was it was potentially bought through the military exchange since it was sporting an original Army Security Agency vehicle pass on its rear bumper. It was not a T5 so, pretty sure it wasn't sold in Germany. - Matt

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts