Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1981 - 2000 of 2476 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
This was actually on Saturday and Sunday. I replaced the oil pan and gasket since the original pan was no longer true where it mounts to the block.

I also replaced the cracked OEM steering wheel with a GT Performance Mahogany 4-hole style wheel, horn button and and hub.

Finally, I installed the Pony interior door handles. This also requires replacing the door handle shaft assemblies. I am not a fan of the Pony interior for Turquoise/Aqua as I dont want the white, but like the handles better than the standard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Hooked up the trailer for another run down to Iowa in the am. Going to pick up a new complete floor pan from cresco Iowa and then run up to Hastings MN to pick up a good used roof. Gonna be about 8 hours in the truck tomorrow.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a small (both figuratively and literally) task, but I received and installed the hardware for the side seat shield on the driver's side, which had been loose for awhile. This is on a '65 coupe. All original interior, except, now, for a couple of non-factory screws (I kept the original spacers).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Picked up the new complete floor pans and got busy drooling over the guys mustang collection. He had a 68 gt500 that he bought in 1980 for 3k. It was a beautiful car. Two 65s that he converted to fastbacks and a 68 convertible that was truly solid car. I didn't make it to the salvage yard to pick up the roof until 4. They closed at 5 and he wouldn't let me saw it off, kept saying I didn't have time to do it. I reassured him I had a reciprocating saw that would have it off in 15 minutes tops but he wouldn't let me so now I have to drive 2.5 hours down there and 2.5 back next week to get my roof. Such is life.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Just cut a solid roof off of a rusty heap in a salvage yard. Gonna use it to reskin my rusty, holey vinyl top car. The quarters had been replaced sometime in it's life, they were screwed on and had about a half an inch of filler over the top.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Ordered me up some new plug wires - I'm battling an intermittent mis/misfire issue. Replaced the dizzy cap and rotor and the spark plugs, to no avail. The current plug wires still "look" great, but I just realized they are over 11 years old and have at least 80k miles on them! Time to replace them...

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Also ordered a self leveling laser. I figured since I am going to tear the floor out of it again I just as well double check how straight the chassis is. I figured a laser would work for a datum line to check measurements from.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Still fighting that mis/misfire problem. :(

Got a shipping number from MSD to ship them my old MSD Pro Billet distributor (#83541) for a complete rebuild for $111 (literally everything but the housing and shaft will be replaced for $111). Didn't know they did that until recently, and much, much less expensive than getting a new dizzy from anywhere/anyone. Call their tech line at 888-258-3835 if you're in the market for the same.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Ordered a controller for my EPS from epowersteering.com after redoing my input side of my steering column last night. I wasn't happy with how true it was and it was a slow night at work so I trued it up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Installed my under dash harness, it really is quicker the second time. ;-P

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Cleaning and painting my fastback interior panels.

Attachments

Reactions: silverblueBP

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Trying to get quotes for the materials for my shop addition. I don't know how these idiots get jobs in fields they obviously don't belong in. It might be easier to figure the materials myself.

1981 - 2000 of 2476 Posts