Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2218 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Had to remove a section of my sheet metal siding because the former owner stuck the window in by just screwing it to the side of the building and foaming it. Insulated the interior and got the walls put up and started on the bench.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Fun Work!

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Made this. Ive had the air filter cover since the 90s, it came on an 84 mustang I had. I've been meaning to make it a clock for almost as long as I've had it. The wife picked me up a click movement so I had no excuse.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Since you're having it rebuilt, have you considered a performance curve? That is, having total advance to be "all in" earlier? As an example, depending on other build factors, some folks opt to have all of the Advance in by 2800 to 3100 Rs, as an example.
Absolutely. I'll be doing this myself over time (i.e. going one step lighter in springs at a time), as my motor has pretty high compression and I fight detonation issues (yes, I run premium fuel) every time I mess with the timing.

I finally got the rebuilt MSD dizzy back in (had issues with MSD's service dept - not sure if I'd do a rebuild with them again...). My intermittent miss issues are still present, so this weekend I'll be replacing all of the plugs and plug wires.

That is, after I finish decorating for Halloween!

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Got the heat installed in the shop. I'll actually be able to work on the 68 this winter. I've still got to install the steel barrier behind the stove but I figured one fire to test it out won't hurt. Excuse the mess in the background, I'm in the process of finishing up my shop remodel.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
That's looking pretty good mate! Going add nice work top space we all need.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I put on some new Ford Mustang Black valve covers on, and I added a Dannmar mid-rise scissor lift to the garage to make it easier to work on my Mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ordered some new seats (Corbeau Trailcat, diamond stitched), and worked on getting the windshield trim to not look like hot garbage. Results on the trim are... fair.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Today, I folded my cvt. top's cover and stored it in it's bag and placed it in the trunk. Come next spring, it'll see the early light of the morning sun on my way to the local Cars 'n Coffee venue. Sleep tight "Poppy Mod"

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
More work on the shop. Got a nice warm fire in here building shelving so I can get some of this stuff off the floor. This disorganization is wearing on me.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I put on some new Ford Mustang Black valve covers on, and I added a Dannmar mid-rise scissor lift to the garage to make it easier to work on my Mustang.
The often maligned mid-rise scissor lift is still a thousand times better than being on your back. I would not be able to be in the hobby without one. Admittedly, not the best for trans and exhaust work. Nice that you can roll it out on the driveway and do some power washing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Sweet honey bbq, that insulation is doing it's job. Got a decent fire going and I'm almost shirtless. It's pretty warm out for this time of year at 32*. Adding some shelves to some wasted space.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sweet honey bbq, that insulation is doing it's job. Got a decent fire going and I'm almost shirtless. It's pretty warm out for this time of year at 32*. Adding some shelves to some wasted space.

What do you think of that compressor? Does it provide enough air for grinders? Paint sprayer?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The often maligned mid-rise scissor lift is still a thousand times better than being on your back. I would not be able to be in the hobby without one. Admittedly, not the best for trans and exhaust work. Nice that you can roll it out on the driveway and do some power washing.
What did you put under the rollers, and how thick is it?

For doing trans or exhaust work I was thinking of building these tire cribs as seen in the image attached. This way you could get the car up in the air using the lift, and put these under each tire to get you the desired lift you need. As for the lift itself I was thinking I could put a 3/4" piece of plywood over the top and then some some kind of bracing around the outer perimeter. You could even build in a ramp at the front of the car to get the trans rolled out using a Harbor Freight trans jack. Not the best, but you do with what you have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
What do you think of that compressor? Does it provide enough air for grinders? Paint sprayer?
It does really good. It's the high output version.

Funny story about that compressor. When I was married to my ex we went to buy a compressor. There was a small 30 gallon oiless on sale and it came with air tools. The crappiest air tools this side of China, and mind you I already had quality air tools at home. But she insisted. I kept telling her it wasn't gonna work but she wouldn't hear it. We bought it, brought it home and like all oilless compressors it was loud, took forever to fill and she would grind for 2 minutes and wait 5 for it to fill, I had her removing undercoating. In 3 weeks she burned it up. I kind of flipped and told her I was buying the one I wanted. This was the biggest, baddest one that my local Lowe's sold. They had one similar but lower output that she pointed out and I just glared at her. She could be using the grinder and it would cycle and shut off without her having to stop. I've owned it about 13 years now.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
What did you put under the rollers, and how thick is it?
It's just some 1/4" plate with a piece of stainless sheet underneath to prevent rust spots on the floor.

Putting the lift sideways and some HF jack stands open up the underside if your brave. Not recommended in earthquake zones or rusty cars!

Attachments

2021 - 2040 of 2218 Posts