Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2221 - 2240 of 2262 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
@Redneckgearhead I've been to Florida lots of times and it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there. I'm far enough away I have little impact from tropical storms, and we actually have 4 seasons. We may get all 4 in a week, but we have 'em.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
@Redneckgearhead I've been to Florida lots of times and it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't wanna live there. I'm far enough away I have little impact from tropical storms, and we actually have 4 seasons. We may get all 4 in a week, but we have 'em.
We have friends in Tampa, they LOVE it down there. I'm sending the wife down in February to visit, she's never been. I have a feeling she might come back to the 2 foot of snow we will have by then and start packing.....

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I've been around the world and still find Alabama has just the right mix of a little bit of everything. Be sure to stop by and shake hands, take a Mustang for local fare on your way through!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got to spend the day in the garage today.... First thing I did was clean up all the kids toys and junk that I'm constantly stepping over. As far as the car, i'm 85% there with a 5.0 EFI conversion, so today was a new tensioner pulley (old one was jacked), and wiring in the transmission harness for the VSS and NSS. Not much, but eating the elephant one bite at a time.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I installed my new HiPo fan and spacer I got from Tony Branda. Technically Tony Branda JR at this point. Then I went for a drive! 50º in Northern Indiana in late December without a ton of salt residue or cinders on the road is rare indeed! I was instantly reminded that I need a new clutch after smoking the new stock-ish unit autocrossing this year.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've had the original fan, tends to break at high rpm. The clutch fan destroyed my water pump after 2 autocross events shifting a 6400 rpm. Hopefully this HiPo fan "middle in picture" can take the high rpm's. I can't do the electric fan on any old car or truck as it just sounds wrong to me when it kicks on.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Snapped the yoke off of my Ford 9, dumped the clutch at 3k and heard a loud bang lol.
Impressive! But might I recommend Bilstien shock absorbers over the SD's

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah no idea.... looks like it may have had a crack in it already.... I just finished it off. I was stop-light racing my buddy in his 66 Galaxie, which I should have destroyed him (don't worry, no one was around for all of the safety police).

He won and I received the "tow rope of shame" trip home.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Not necessarily for my mustang but for my organization in the shop. I've been picking up free metal desks in Facebook and dismantling them for their drawers. They mount perfectly under my work bench giving me great storage at my finger tips

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Another shop mod. I have a separate led light over my bench and a wall mounted fan that I was either leaving on or having to make sure I turned them off. I seen these at my local menards for 12$ and thought it was a perfect solution. I hung the remote by my light switch and can kill everything from there. I already have a contactor that turns on and off with my lights to kill the power to the compressor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
For me, I had a buddy come over last night and we cranked out a bunch on the 5.0 conversion...
  • Installed the inertia switch and fuel pump relay
  • Wired in the fuel pump circuits
  • Cleaned up engine bay wiring, wired in the heavy for the starter
  • Installed new fuse box and relays for EFI
  • Installed new trans cooler lines....
I'm sure there was other stuff... but was pretty excited to get a few things knocked off the list...

2221 - 2240 of 2262 Posts