Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2241 - 2256 of 2256 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Rebuilt the 2100 carburetor to my 66 C code coupe. I'm shocked it even ran. Engine would experience fuel starvation during initial acceleration due to a bad umbrella valve within the accelerator pump. I think it was only a matter of time before other issues were to pop up so a total rebuild was in order. All good now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have finally rebuild my OEM radio with some new stuff:

On left side I can change source (FM/AUX/BT/USB) + next/prev. On right I can control volume. Buttons are for pickup a call, reject and 1, 2, 3
As extra thing is small remote controler which can help to configure it without LCD.
Most important is that design stayed as it was.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Not a thing , too cold in the shop .
Cleaning up the shop and throwing out misc stuff and junk .

·
Registered
22 Posts
No pics but pulled engine to replace oil pump and major gaskets, adjusted panhard bar, started work on a 65 mustang c code, then spent way too much on gaskets and other odds and ends for engine and radiator

·
Registered
543 Posts
Replaced the u joints. Turns out the old ones looked fine. Guess the ‘one time’ clunk I get out of the garage is in the rear end? I’ve replaced almost the entire suspension (last year).

Replaced the ac tensioner pulley, thought it was binding, but now thinking the original compressor may be the problem.

Started it today, so nice!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cleaned the engine / engine bay and cleaned / power washed the front fender wells.
Getting it prepped for that new front suspension/ steering parts that are going in

Scott Drake upper and lower control arms
Scott Drake 1” lowering springs
CJ ponies “ performance” spring perches
Moog inner / outer tie rods and idler arms
Koni Strt shocks front and back

GC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got my led turn signal indicators installed in the hood today. Simple and took 3 hours. Wire wrap and install in hood channel took some time

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
First time it hasn't rained in several days...Washed the Emberglo and Turquoise 66s, drove the Emberglo with my older son (badly sprained ankle, out of school and can't drive) to lunch...drove my Turquoise car to get a haircut and to the store for peppers and onions for fresh fajitas...also washed my F-250 haha !

2241 - 2256 of 2256 Posts