Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2281 - 2300 of 2303 Posts

·
Dimples
3,748 Posts
You boys have been doing some good work.
It’s 77 degrees here in sunny North Texas, so I’ve been driving.

Did some horse trading yesterday though. Sold some spare parts and got a line on the driver’s quarter and tail light panel off of a parts car for my daughters 66. $100!!!

I’ll update her build thread when I acquire those panels. We’re pretty excited.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
65* with a beautiful, cloudless sky. Took it to the grocery store for some essentials. Oil pressure and temp spot on. I probably should get my speedometer working though.

John

SK Interior 6.jpg

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,931 Posts
The more I looked at where I had the ignition box mounted on the front drivers side inner fender panel the more I do not like it there. So I made a bracket for it painted it black & installed the ignition box to the bracket & mounted it behind the passengers side shock tower. Now it is practically invisible

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
More master series put down. I was struggling with how to hold the halfs of the torque boxes while I primed, then it hit me. A welders magnet in the vice worked perfectly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mocked up exhaust h-pipe, modified to fit and mocked up mufflers. added oil to engine, started filling antifreeze before i realized i haven't hooked up the heater hoses yet. ordered new heater core, might as well just hook them up once.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lets see she hasnt run in 14 years so the last few days I've got the hood opened and lubricated, got the doors squeek free, cleaned a old rat nest off the intake, rebuilt the Carburetor, pulled the distributor, removed the spark plugs, changed the oil and changed the fuel hose, filter and clamps.

Still to do: New windshield, new tires, go through brakes, new radiator and hoses, new fuel tank unless its empty and cleanish, clean up some bad wiring a 20yo me thought was a good idea, new hood, probably new seats, new dashpad and sand the entire car down once all that is done and prime/paint.

I have a 5 month old at home so this will be a long term project but will be giving it what free time I have.

tires were for wifes truck but is most recent photo.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Today, I did something I almost never do...
I drove it in the RAIN. And man, did it rain.
I left my truck at the in-laws and brought the Explorer we bought new and gave to them (easier ingress and egress) 150 miles back to our place for new tires and to replace both rear wheel bearings. That's a booger on the 2002-2010 Explorer and Mountaineer. So, the Mustang rolled into town for a couple of errands, a full tank of ethanol-free and to pick up dinner for the family. It really poured, but I didn't need the 2-speed wipers thanks to the Rain-X, and I had no leaks !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
turned over engine with starter, which given the v6 trans with f150 flywheel and clutch, worked well, welded h-pipe and installed mufflers, installed hangers for exhaust . pulled heater core out , still waiting on new heater core to show up. ordered alternator bracket, alternator, as well as ac bracket and a/c delete pulley so I can get water pump going the right direction.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Couple days late but I replaced the fuel line that I accidentally punched a hole in this past weekend. Oh well, it was old and rusty anyway so I can't be that mad. Now I'll be replacing the brake line from the M/C to the rear end because it too is old and rusty.

·
Registered
737 Posts
this week i designed a panhard bar, torque arm and solid engine mounts. today i went into work early and got half of the engine mount parts cut out. most progress i have made in a long time lol

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The more I looked at where I had the ignition box mounted on the front drivers side inner fender panel the more I do not like it there. So I made a bracket for it painted it black & installed the ignition box to the bracket & mounted it behind the passengers side shock tower. Now it is practically invisible
View attachment 743587 .
Isn't it going to get hot near the collector? Electronics don't like heat.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Isn't it going to get hot near the collector? Electronics don't like heat.
i was thinking the same thing, it looks too close to header for my liking !

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, it looks too close to header for my liking !
I placed the "sparkie" box in the corner at the bottom of the driver's side apron, just above the frame rail. the coil is on the opposite corner below the battery shelf. Both these locations get the benefit of cool(er) air before the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I imagine hiding things like amps and ignition boxes etc under the dash, behind the fender and splash shields, inside a kick panel, inside a rear interior quarter, etc. to keep that vintage/stock/sleeper look.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
IMHO, one has to way the facts of heat on electronics and other affected devices vs. the "sleeper" look. Therefore, doesn't the "sleeper" look, go outa window when one attends a show and, like many, we open our trunks and hoods for the all to oggle?

2281 - 2300 of 2303 Posts