Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2301 - 2320 of 2333 Posts

·
Registered
6,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
IMHO, one has to way the facts of heat on electronics and other affected devices vs. the "sleeper" look. Therefore, doesn't the "sleeper" look, go outa window when one attends a show and, like many, we open our trunks and hoods for the all to oggle?
Depends on whatchya wanna do with your car, I guess. I like the stock or day two look with period correct factory and dealer goodies for MyFirstCar with performance enhancers built into the powertrain but out of sight... I have always wanted to also build a heavily modded car but haven't the budget or space right now, and if I did the only really visible wires would go to the spark plugs.
20190723_215145.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not really a mod, so much as an un-mod. 😁 I finally swapped out the tired ‘90s chrome valve covers on my ‘68 for some freshly refurbed Power by Ford covers off of my buddy’s early ‘69 Bronco. Feels better. The rest of the under hood bits are disgraceful so please disregard those, she’s just getting back on the road after an extended slumber. 😎

64F57BD1-A694-47F7-85B7-B6A9BADEF827.jpeg
E8C864FE-3DE4-46C7-8AFE-D88A40DDC54B.jpeg

·
Registered
36 Posts
new extended tube heater core installed, got the serpentine belt set up mounted to measure for a belt, after finding out the stock upper radiator hose wouldn't work. Things you don't think about until you have spent the money. Had to use bronco II lower hose for the upper hose and a 70 mustang for the lower. Working on an electric fan set up, but water pump is sitting too close for a "pull" set up, so probably going to have to use a "push" set up for it. Also found a coolant leak from the rear of engine, but haven't located where it is coming from yet.........good times.............good projects

Attachments

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Remanufactured Motorcraft Duraspark distributor with Mustang Barn recurve installed over the weekend. Weather prevented a test drive.

Next on the list:
  • Bilstein shocks just arrived.
  • I have the parts to install a relay box for:
    • Electric Fan
    • Lights
    • Horn
  • I need to get small hole in the floor patched and install new carpet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lower water pump bolts still leaking after replacing a water pump, and gobbing permatex #2 on the threads that screw into the water jacket. I drained the water/coolant out today and tried to clean/dry the threaded holes, so I could put some thread sealant and try again at the first opportunity.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I finally got around to fixing the occaisional squeal I got from a high amp alt with a single groove pulley.
This might solve the problem.
Also a good chance to freshen up the polished alternator case with some Nevr-dull.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Finally got around to installing a new aluminum waterpump and radiator/electric fan. Still have to button up a few things, clean up the wiring and install the stainless overflow tank. Hopefully have it all done in a day or two and polish it all up nice.
1FA6F554-DC27-4D55-B34E-2C7E939A4BA2.jpeg
578CBA76-3DC7-4B9C-888F-647E96C4BF7D.jpeg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Started the process of replacing the windshield. The weatherstrip was the original so it was rock hard, and chunks have been missing from it since I got the car (glad I didn't drive it in the rain.) Got the entire channel cleaned, but found out yesterday that the molding clips I bought were the wrong style (snap in), so I had to order the other style (screw in.) So far the process hasn't been that bad in my opinion, but anything can still happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
pulled radiator, put in new thermostat housing, put on serpentine belt, mounted overflow for radiator, finished up exhaust for the moment, put radiator back in and mounted electric push cooling fan, as there is not enough room to mount it to pull air

Attachments

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Off with the Gas-a-just shocks and on with the Bilstein Sports today. Also first day for a little test drive with the re-curved distributor. It does seem to pull smoother. No real chance to take some bumpy or twisty roads to test the shocks. A few curves through a new, unoccupied, subdivsion seemed promising.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Proud Dad moment. Took both Mustangs out for a drive for frozen yogurt for the kids. I drove mine with my younger son, and my older son drove Mom. Short trip, but we got in a little cruise time before their school week begins and the next round of storms come through.
20200301_180243.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Worked on fixing the hack job the previous owner did when installing the aluminum radiator .
They just cut the top of the core support and pushed it in and tried to bolt the radiator to it.

Cut the damage out of the radiator and core support ,made new brackets and have it all mocked in place to weld up

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finished the windshield install. Overall it wasn't that bad in my opinion, just VERY messy. Good thing the body isn't painted right now (only 5 year old primer.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Didn't get to mess with my mustang this weekend...However, I put new carb on my mom's 65 coupe and got that running. Now to mess with the brakes so it can yard drive while I fix all the other things wrong with it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Finished installing the front coilovers. Adjusted the ride height up. Alignment is close but needs to be adjusted (doing that over the next couple days).

Changed the alternator that I blew up. Changed the alternator cable that fried as a result of the alternator blowup. Turns out 4ga wire over 15 feet is not adequate for a constant 140amps draw (i has lots of electics)...

Before adjusting the ride height up

2301 - 2320 of 2333 Posts