Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2321 - 2340 of 2511 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Installed new brake booster and master cylinder on mom's 65 as well as fixing the accelerator pump, then installed ignition switch in my 66, no power getting to the starter solenoid, but i am getting it past the firewall, so probably a break in the harness, wired up fan and distributor(pertronix) and electric fuel pump, I may actually get to attempt to start it at some point soon.............

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, today I was able to get the engine to turn over with the use of the key, after figuring out the neutral safety from the auto that it used to be.....now the only issue is figuring out the firing order as it doesn't wont to run more than about 2 seconds, but hey closer than I was yesterday

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Had just a few minutes, so I thought I'd start on the d side torque box. Got it cut free.

Reactions: jfelstow

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pulled the old leaves, old bushings. Installed poly bushings, 4.5 Reverse eyes, Konis. Then just about popped a vessel pushing the car 180 in the garage so I can get ready to pull the 289, put in the t5/302 and front suspension. Hope those Rev eyes settle a little more.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Put new parking/turn signal lights up front on my 65 after the 54 year old wiring practically crumbled apart when I pulled the fiberglass valance to repair it. It's all good now!

·
Registered
50 Posts
so finally got free from working during this pandemic. Installed a 2 inch carb base spacer so the air cleaner would clear the distributor. Also started wiring an aux. fuse block with fused disconnect. Air cleaner sits a bit high above the top of the fender, going to have to figure out a hood to get around that. Also started it and let it run for a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
so finally got free from working during this pandemic. Installed a 2 inch carb base spacer so the air cleaner would clear the distributor. Also started wiring an aux. fuse block with fused disconnect. Air cleaner sits a bit high above the top of the fender, going to have to figure out a hood to get around that. Also started it and let it run for a bit.
Curious to see what your hood setup will be.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Scored a running '67 C4 with torque convertor, flex plate, linkage, dipstick and tube, cross member, PRN321 shifter with bezel and bucket and all the bolts! Donor car had an oil leak but it'll clean up...
20200328_210611.jpg

Reactions: jfelstow

·
Registered
159 Posts
Finally finished the electric fan/aluminum radiator swap and overflow tank.
36F7E245-6D32-44F7-8E0A-EB4E23881102.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Cut the rusty pieces out of the frame last night, got lucky and found a chunk of 14 gauge sheet in the scrap bucket here at work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
finally got the ford style quick fitting to stay in the slave cylinder. I had to grind down the prongs that hold it in slightly to accomplish it though. Bled clutch system and got that working.

·
Registered
50 Posts
made a mount to raise the gas pedal up some so it will work, tried bleeding the brakes, way too many leaks, ordered new lines to solve that
20200407_122254.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
A bit of work. Damn that seemed like a million holes. Yes that is a bit of blood, not the first time this ole crusty car made me bleed.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Rebuilding the brake system. New pads, hardware and powerbleed the fluid. Of note is the gouges on my original KH calipers where the pad tab rests on the caliper. Hand filed each side smooth as a baby’s bottom which only took a couple of hours. Thankfully had some good music playing and was very therapeutic.

2321 - 2340 of 2511 Posts