Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2401 - 2420 of 2462 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
20200530_130420.jpg

We took both driven 66s for a long trip to see my parents for the first time in months. We actually exchanged Christmas gifts today ! My younger son was riding with me and snapped this for me, my older son was driving my wife in the Emberglo car. About 2 and 1/2 hours of driving each way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Changed the following
Both exhaust manifold gaskets and donut gaskets
Plugs
Oil and filter

Was a good day in the garage. Hot as hell thought

Then went for a cruise following my wife and 15/yr son in his eco boost mustang he just got
GC

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Had a stumble on acceleration on the Emberglo car (I call it Wildfire) just in particular spots, usually going up hill leaving our subdivision...thought it wasn't getting enough fuel, maybe needed more accelerator pump stroke. After playing with the Autolite 2100 for a couple of minutes, I decided to try less fuel...left the accelerator pump arm in the inboard slot and moved the arm from slot C to slot B and it seems much better! I may even try moving it down to slot A but I'll have to have a different linkage clip.

Aside from that, I washed both cars to be sure all the bugs were gone after last weekend's trip. I feel a little night ride coming on since the weather will likely be rainy the next few days.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
988 Posts
View attachment 756648

We took both driven 66s for a long trip to see my parents for the first time in months. We actually exchanged Christmas gifts today ! My younger son was riding with me and snapped this for me, my older son was driving my wife in the Emberglo car. About 2 and 1/2 hours of driving each way.
Not sure if Emberglo color was very popular or not, nor even nowadays.! But I can tell you this is one I particularly like a lot.! 👍👍

Josep

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Reactions: Josep

·
Registered
10,744 Posts
Finally have a straight fuel cap! Original one was crooked, replacement was crooked, even replaced the fuel neck, still crooked! Picked this up on sale at CJPP. Of course, it doesn’t come with the mounting hardware, so that was a scrounging event around the house to find 4 screws (#10, I think, at least that’s what I used). I would have bought the AMK hardware, but all reviews said the screws were too short.

So, now a crown gem on an otherwise ‘distressed’ Mustang. :)

My distressed 66 has an OEM 70 POP open cap with proper aging :p

·
Registered
70 Posts

New Viking adjustable coil overs.

And Street or Track adjustable strut rods

·
Registered
48 Posts
Replaced the rear window. Man what a pain that was! The windshield went smooth, but this??? I hope to never do it again. Great learning experience though.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,729 Posts
Replaced the rear window. Man what a pain that was! The windshield went smooth, but this??? I hope to never do it again. Great learning experience though.

View attachment 757625
Getting very close to putting my front and rear glass in too but doing my headliner first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What was so bad about it? I've done a few by myself.
Unlike the windshield the rear window wasn't laying flush with the body for me to be able to pull the weatherstrip over the lip. With the windshield there was a ton of room all the way around, enough that it laid flat against the body and I had plenty of side to side and up and down movement for adjustments. The rear window I had to angle it into place because the molding clips were preventing it from sitting flush with the body (hitting the weatherstrip.) I was able to have someone put enough force on it for me to pull rope all the way around, but because of the pressure needed I tore into the weatherstrip in a couple places with the rope. I was using rope, plastic pry bars, and a radiator hose pick-like tool just to get it in. The windshield was very easy for me and was a breeze (except for the caulking.) I mean it beats trying to find a shop to do it for me, and way cheaper. Again it was a great learning experience, which is always awesome.

Reactions: myfirstcar66
2401 - 2420 of 2462 Posts