Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2441 - 2460 of 2462 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
This weekend I fixed a fuel leak I didn't realize I had...due to a 3/8" hose on a 5/16" fitting. Whoops!

Also pulled the clutch z-bar out along with the bracket and upper/lower clutch rods. Lots of metal-on-metal action, so several items will need replacing.

Took lots of notes, trying to get a bunch of parts ready for an upcoming birthday install day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I fixed the cam timing...now it backfires through carb even worse. Pulled the carb and found it is coming from the driver side of engine..valves seem alright when I turned engine over with valve cover off..guess I am doing a full rebuild at this point. Found out the other 302 block I have, has the gt40p heads instead of the e7 ones on the current engine. so probably rebuilding the other engine instead. .Also installed new steering wheel and adapter...still waiting on the proper horn button to arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,111 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Pressure washed the inside of both fenders, wire brushed surface rust, getting ready for POR-15.

The car should be back home from getting the cowl repaired by this weekend.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Registered
116 Posts
Screwed with my Moto-Lita steering wheel to get the spoke that should be at six o clock to six o clock when the wheel is straight. It didn't work as intended and now spoke off on the other direction. I will have to pull the hub as well to index the spline to another tooth to allow position of spoke to go where I want it.

2441 - 2460 of 2462 Posts