Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2461 - 2480 of 2540 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
When I go to areas away from home, I usually scan thru Craigslist and see if there are any good deals. I was in Florida for a few days, and detoured back through Mobile , AL...scored a set of four 1966 Styled Steel wheels, trim rings, center caps, lug nuts and low-mileage BF Goodrich Radial T/As for $200 !
00N0N_gIL6nFAd7pN_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

They'll need a good cleaning, there's a few small spots of surface rust to take care of and the inserts need a fresh coat of charcoal paint, but that's a good project for my sons to help with. They'll look great on the Emberglo car and we'll eventually get a set for the Nightmist car, too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pulled my TCP power rack and shipped it back to be fixed. Something came loose inside the servo. Bummer.....was a pain to get out.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Redneck, when I saw the rust spot on your apron, I thought it was a pic of my car. Exact same rust spot.

I made a bunch of big plans, then cleaned my neighbors gutters.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Finally installed my anti-submarine belt. Replaced 12 year old belts with updated version from Crow.

IMG_0909[1].JPG

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I've got too many projects in there...the corvettes are BJ builds...the fenders for the f100 are my wife's truck...my "Holyfield" 62 vette is in there...and more...ugh

·
Registered
376 Posts
Any idea whether they offer Shelby belts?
I am pretty sure everything is custom there so you should be able to order a set how you like....

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
My wife and I left our wedding in my Mustang 21 years ago...
My (wife's) niece and her fiancé were getting married and she asked a year ago if they could cruise away in my Mustang as their "honeymoon getaway" car. I spent a few hours washing and detailing the car in the morning. After having to delay the wedding because of the COVID-19 everything went perfectly. I was nervous about anyone driving my car! He only drove it about 1/4 mile after the reception and I met them with her car with some nice cold AC running !!
Congratulations Rachel and CJ !!
20200710_120748.jpg

20200710_120848.jpg

20200627_205820.jpg

·
Registered
757 Posts
Briefly uncovered it to measure the angle of the rear window. 40 degrees. Considering adding a 3rd break light. Would like to find an oem inside glass mount light. Seems like that could be cheap if I could find the right one. Aftermarket seems limited. Best option looks like the Hella Daniel Stern light. A bit more than I wanted to pay though.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Redid a bunch of crap because Im to picky and its never good enough.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Briefly uncovered it to measure the angle of the rear window. 40 degrees. Considering adding a 3rd break light. Would like to find an oem inside glass mount light. Seems like that could be cheap if I could find the right one. Aftermarket seems limited. Best option looks like the Hella Daniel Stern light. A bit more than I wanted to pay though.
Might be easier to trim the angle of the rubber seal of a light you really like than to find a light you really like with the right angle... or consider adding a single row of red LEDs just below the window gasket that are damn near invisible until they are illuminated .

2461 - 2480 of 2540 Posts