Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 2540 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had to replace the intake gaskets TWICE this weekend, but this coming weekend I hope to reupholster the rear seat.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Might be easier to trim the angle of the rubber seal of a light you really like than to find a light you really like with the right angle... or consider adding a single row of red LEDs just below the window gasket that are damn near invisible until they are illuminated .
Good points. I'll probably either use the string of LEDs like you suggested or the Daniel Stern light fixture. He seems to have a good rep, It's likely not crap and should fit OK. The string of LEDs, would need to come up with a way to affix them to the window and not have them reflect back into the car. No good ideas for that yet. Maybe a strip of adhesive vinyl a little wider than the lights. dunno.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Installed valve covers and prepped AC clutch for install.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well.....finally found the right belt for Power Steering...after emptying a quart of power steering fluid...i quickly realized why whomever had taken the belt off...lol..at least i know the pump works....sprayed fluid everywhere...haha....conquer one battle..locate your next....got the line ripped out.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Didn't do anything to mine, but went to @AL_Pony 's place nearby to help...
His trip down the 'rabbit hole' began with the car overheating, he conquered that and in paying more attention to the engine he discovered a tapping that he determined wasn't in the valve train (car runs great) and I felt like it was because of a leak in or behind the aging steel headers... Long tube headers are HARD to put in by yourself...without a lift...and a small jack...when the heat index is over 100...
Anyhow, he got the passenger side in and I went to help with the driver side but MAN it was tight. We finally got it and realized the engine is off-center, the header is basically touching the driver side shock tower, and he has to have new collectors welded on to replace the old ones, so we're hoping to get some help at my friend's shop in the morning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Didn't do anything to mine, but went to @AL_Pony 's place nearby to help...
His trip down the 'rabbit hole' began with the car overheating, he conquered that and in paying more attention to the engine he discovered a tapping that he determined wasn't in the valve train (car runs great) and I felt like it was because of a leak in or behind the aging steel headers... Long tube headers are HARD to put in by yourself...without a lift...and a small jack...when the heat index is over 100...
Anyhow, he got the passenger side in and I went to help with the driver side but MAN it was tight. We finally got it and realized the engine is off-center, the header is basically touching the driver side shock tower, and he has to have new collectors welded on to replace the old ones, so we're hoping to get some help at my friend's shop in the morning.
yall hands are full for sure...but good work!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I finally got my new pedal support installed. What a PITA with a power booster. Everything is in the way! But it's in now and I installed some rod-end clutch rods that I found in storage. Just need to adjust a bit so I can get the lower rod on the fork, and I may need to tweak the upper rod a bit. There's a slight bend in it and it's not facing the right direction so the rod rubs on the booster strap bolt. Hopefully it'll clear enough to install the boot once I turn it a bit.

Once the support was back in, I figured I'd just go ahead and reattach the parking brake handle. That turned out to be almost an hour of fiddling...the studs were pretty nasty and it was hell trying to get the nuts on from the engine bay. Once that was done, I gave up for the day. Lots more to do, but I'm glad something got accomplished!

I've got a new Summit T5 shifter and some random hardware from NPD on the way...was supposed to be delivered Friday and got delayed at the last minute until Monday. I half expected that, but it's still frustrating.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did my first ever upholstery job! Hog-ringing the listing wire caused a couple weird effects in a couple areas but I'm not worried about it since it was my first time ever doing something like this. It wasn't that bad at all really, but my hands are still paying for it. Overall I'm very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did my first ever upholstery job! Hog-ringing the listing wire caused a couple weird effects in a couple areas but I'm not worried about it since it was my first time ever doing something like this. It wasn't that bad at all really, but my hands are still paying for it. Overall I'm very happy with the outcome.

View attachment 762682
View attachment 762683
that came out awesome...great job!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm trying the $50 paint job method. It's... exciting? Fun? Terrifying? Lower fender is one coat upper is two. It was 93 degrees in the non-existent shade for this, and the paint dried before it could fully level. Guess that's what wet sanding is for.

20200729_103347.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
ordered this today, Jegs had the best price, with the best shipping rates.

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
It's hot, but I've been driving it a good bit and enjoying it, but I had a rattle-rattle-bang-bang...Had to move and re-tighten an exhaust hanger because there sure isn't much room for 2 & 1/2s on the driver side of the 64-68 with the offset gas tank. The nut for the hanger was tapping my leaf spring. Dunno if the 69 and up and has any more room...

2481 - 2500 of 2540 Posts