Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2701 - 2720 of 2755 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts

I managed to cross thread a brake fitting... from up top, could not tell that it went in crooked.

Attempted to pressure bleed, and all my fluid came out this fitting, with only 5psi of pressure.

I guess better now than on the road.

New proportioning valve on order (I attempted to fix the threads, but to no avail).

Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

Finally dropped her back on the ground...even if the front suspension is old rusty I6 stuff just I can wheel her around. THe car was on the rotisserie for...I dont know, feels like 4 months though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yesterday I ordered my 2"5/8 Tach and the voltmeter to do the 67~68 dash mod. I already have a voltmeter where the blank was so it should not be hard to mount the new one and wire. I also purchased a gauge light kit to brighten up the old gauges. Just waiting for everything to show up now.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Changed the oil, Got it started. (I think the first time since last October). Drove down the street. Could not remember if there was any gas in the tank. U-Turn. Parked again. I did pick up a couple gallons for it when I was out later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
@coupe3w That is really nice. I am wondering if I should swap the oil and water temp since I'll have it cracked open. Should not be hard to wire since they are already setup. What I am not sure about are the oils sensor and the water sensor...would I need to change them going to a newer looking gauge ?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Almost ready to run, but I think I'm going to wait till Spring now.
HOW could you build something like that and get to the door, you're ready to carry the bride across the threshold, and say, "It's been a long day," put her down and leave her outside?! DRIVE IT !!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
@coupe3w That is really nice. I am wondering if I should swap the oil and water temp since I'll have it cracked open. Should not be hard to wire since they are already setup. What I am not sure about are the oils sensor and the water sensor...would I need to change them going to a newer looking gauge ?
Thanks!
The senders have to match the gauges.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I finished the install of the oil separator today,
Oil separator installed.jpeg
Oil separator installed.jpeg

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Registered
673 Posts
This morning I walked by an almost compete roller 302 on the stand and the car sitting sad. This will happen with a 7 month old girl at home.
Could be worse. Try being 67 years old and being alone for 46 years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be worse. Try being 67 years old and being alone for 46 years.
It's not a complaint really, she's a planned blessing. I gave myself the pregnancy deadline to get the car finished and didn't follow through.. So it will have to sit for the foreseeable future.

Sometimes when she goes down for a nap I think "maybe I can just pull the 289 really quick or do this or that.." Problem is that requires loud noises and usually more time than I'm afforded right now. 😬

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I say this from experience: if you spend all your time trying to be quiet around Baby, that is what they will always need for sleep, but if you do some normal things around baby at nap / night time, they get used to it and sleep right through. All kids (and adults) have times when they just can't sleep, BUT a ride in the car seat strapped in a vintage Mustang with a nice rumble in the exhaust always knocked mine right out! Gave me an excuse to take a cruise.
Now my boys have their own Mustangs. Nothing else would do. I'm so proud.
-wipes tear of joy-

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,493 Posts
Hang that baby seat from the ceiling in the garage and get to wrenching. NOW its way easier than when they get to toddling and want to "help." Don't get me wrong I love when my son helps in the garage but its a time when its more bonding than wrenching. @kevin_f

·
Registered
59 Posts
Started a shock mount on the driver side, then ordered shocks to fit. Took out the heater core and box. Mocked up an all-in-one AC/Heat system under the dash. Ordered hood pins so the hood latch can be removed to make room for a condenser for the AC. Considering putting the ashtray back where the original heater controls were, for some coin storage, since they are no longer need...then added a little more filler to the cowl area to fill the low spots, to be sanded down tomorrow.......

Attachments

2701 - 2720 of 2755 Posts