Vintage Mustang Forums banner

2721 - 2740 of 2755 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,493 Posts
Looking at the snow in October, probably not a bad idea to head South. Until next summer when you will be sweating your ....;)
Thankfully the 10-12" we got last week is mostly gone. I figure we will be enjoying the "mild" winter while everyone else is freezing to death. But that heat and humidity.... until I was about 16 all we had was a box fan in the window. I would go sleep outside on the porch. The cicadas would sing me to sleep. Definitely putting a minisplit in the shop.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
65 Posts
Sprayed some epoxy primer today, I need to get after the filler/prep work on this car soon.
20201030_142750.jpg

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Thankfully the 10-12" we got last week is mostly gone. I figure we will be enjoying the "mild" winter while everyone else is freezing to death. But that heat and humidity.... until I was about 16 all we had was a box fan in the window. I would go sleep outside on the porch. The cicadas would sing me to sleep. Definitely putting a minisplit in the shop.
My 2 brothers and I used to spend 3 or 4 weeks every summer with our grandparents in Silom Springs Arkansas growing up. They had a covered / screened in porch off the second floor we would sleep in. The only thing better than the cicadas for going to sleep was a gentle rain. We all agree that we had the best summers ever growing up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
DId my gauge job today. I set my tach in the clock position and did the volt conversion for the amps. I also received my led bulbs so that should brighten some things up. Tomorrow I'll put it back together and see what happens.

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Registered
212 Posts
Had my dad come over the other day to give me a hand putting in a new one piece fuel line and 22 gallon gas tank. Now just waiting for the machine shop to finish up my engine before I move on the 30th si can get that dropped in.

Andy

·
Registered
7T03T121875 - 10/5/66 build
13 Posts
Curiosity got the better of me so I broke out the heat gun and a putty knife. Not a lot of bondo, but spread over a big area and didn't have a hell of a lot of hammer/dolly work before they mudded it. Bodywork circa 1970.

Worst of it is the corner of the upper body line at the door opening. Shop drilled holes for a slide hammer and filled them back in with bondo. All in all, if this is the worst I have to deal with on the body, I'm good. May even be a good excuse to buy the stud welder I've been eyeballing.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
There's just something about the Fall...
20201104_162659.jpg

·
Registered
887 Posts
Made my own brake line to replace the one I boogered up 15yrs ago, and boogered up even more last weekend..

Even made myself a little “roadmap” to bending the line. Test fit seems ok, will see how it goes once I get the lines flared up.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got primer on the whole car. Needs a little more body work in some places. Removed hood latch. Put in hood pins instead, mostly to make room for the a/c condenser that will go in there at some point down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well tried to mod my gauge cluster with the volt meter, and a tach in the clock position. Did not go well. Bad wiring, broken things, stuff just not good. So now I am looking to replace the entire console. Looking at different options, I even started a thread about.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,493 Posts
Ordered headers from fpa, radiator from npd, countless other parts from summit.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
A little hint on what I did from 1am to 6 am...
20201114_015642.jpg

...to end up here at sunrise...
20201114_215907.jpg

...and going out for some crusing after a nap.
20201114_063720.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Someone else at our hotel has a nice 69 hardtop!
20201115_085230.jpg

20201115_092817.jpg

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
Started it and let it run while I was cleaning a spot in the garage to put a new air compressor,till I couldn't stand it any longer and took a short burn down the road a couple miles to the local pumpkin farm picked up a couple of acorn squash. They are giving away. Had lunch and went to go get that new air compressor. Out of stock 😠😡🤬☹ should have called 1st I guess. Anyone have the new HF FORTRESS 27 gallon Oilless?

2721 - 2740 of 2755 Posts