Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

3021 - 3040 of 3054 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
Soooo. how did it go? How does it sound?
Went real well and I like the sound. A bit less noisy than the Flowmasters for sure but still on the loud side. They system is much quieter at idle and when cruising but comes to life under the slightest touch of the gas pedal. The installation is wonderful, everything is straight, aligned and tucked away, so no more bumps and thumps like I had before. I took a bunch of pictures tonight and some more video footage. I'll see how the video turned out later.
Please excuse the underside of my car, I just haven't had the time to fix / clean things up (still covered in auto body dust and the old red paint that was removed from the car)... I'm well aware of all the issues. Hopefully I can get these springs and coil over shocks off soon and replace them. One thing at a time and I've already done soooooo much.
20210528_193706.jpg

20210528_193941.jpg

20210528_194133.jpg

20210528_194153.jpg

20210528_194315.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
Well just in case anyone here is interested, I took the time (several hours actually) to edit my lameazz footage and create an equally lame video. Wasn't easy to compare the sound of these 2 systems without professional sound equipment or at least a clue what I'm doing but I tired.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well not to my mustang but to Buba my 69 Fairlane Fastback . Today while at the pull a parts looking for a explorer rearend that I did'nt find I bought 4 new tires & rims off a 2005 Lincoln LS . Put them on late this afternoon & Buba is back on his feet .

Kinda look like they could have came on it, all in all I'm happy they were cheap and only 1 rear drum seems to have an issue. Made me want to get it fired up & see how it does. And here I was getting all down in the dumps because I have'nt had time to work on it only buy parts to pile in it for the motor swap.

While I was there I pulled a radio for my 97 F150. Hope it works since it came out of a 98 Expedition so I can wire up the cd player that's in the Expedition console I installed in it last summer.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I all most forgot that I had did a little to the Money Pit yesterday.

I installed the new repo exterior door handle on the driver side so now everything is new in that door. Well I still have to order the inside latch mechanism the door handle go on because a da po broke the screw off in it then drilled it to use a interior screw in it.

That door operates like one on a new car now. While I'm ordering the inside latch I guess I'll see if I can find a passenger side rear quarter window because mine looks like somebody tried to use a screw driver to pry the windows apart to get in maybe & they crushed a section of the chrome on the quarter window. It don't look terrible bad but I figure replace it when I do the regulators in the back & be done with it.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Well I polished 50+ year old paint and it surprisingly it doesn't look too bad. Not good but not too bad(well not as bad).

Also hooked up Oil pressure, water temp and tach gauges.
We call that 'patina'!

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
I'm raising a couple of "Mustangs" ... they're 17 (next month) and 14 ( in November) but already above average in appetite and size haha !! Some of you are familiar with the pair of 66s that are project cars for them in addition to the one I drive. Raise 'em right...
Anyway, we decided to do something different for vacation this year before life really takes them away more and more, so we decided to go to Texas !!
Yep, we drove 15 hours (not in the Mustangs this time unfortunately) to San Antonio, The Alamo, and today we went to Austin to visit UT's campus. Leave it to us to immediately find a statue dedicated to Mustangs...
20210601_133226.jpg

It states simply :
MUSTANGS
They carried the men who made Texas
Well, there was the wild horse before there was the heroicly piloted war plane.

·
Registered
i wear pants
59 Posts
Been up in the air since Dec. All new full front suspension upgraded, and the arning/shelby drop. New wheels, replaced/upgraded all brakes, a new MC and all new cunifer lines, among other little things.

I finally got some parking lot testing in today! It's actually going great. Been super worried I replaced too much at once, but it's actually working out. I have a lot of tuning left to do, more work on the alignment and some minor rubbing issues.

My pedal feels OK. Not sure if I'm done bleeding, it's firm and holds true after 30 or 40 quick test stops, from 30mph... but maybe I don't like the 7/8 bore. Have 1 tiny leak at the residual valve, but otherwise so far so good.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Have ordered some needed parts for the alumn head install as well as other needed parts. Got a part in today & when its installed my vert will most likely be a lot faster .
Since the rear quarter window I bought offline supposedly came out of a Shelby vert I just know my car will be faster even sitting still.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Went to the wrecking yard to get another 3G alternator for my 65. The current one is also a salvaged unit and is starting to show its high mileage. It used to put out a constant 14.5V. The last few drives I was barely getting 13.8V. It didn’t seem like it was keeping the battery topped up and almost left me stuck in the Home Depot lot.

Anyway, lucky me! I found another 130A 3G that was recently remanufactured. Hardly a spec of dust on the case in contrast to the filthy engine.

$45 with core charge and a 30 day warranty. I’m going to keep and rebuild the older unit, so I’ll have a spare on hand. Just in case.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Have ordered some needed parts for the alumn head install as well as other needed parts. Got a part in today & when its installed my vert will most likely be a lot faster .
Since the rear quarter window I bought offline supposedly came out of a Shelby vert I just know my car will be faster even sitting still.
Piled a few more boxes inside & am susposed to have my cam& lifters in here tomorrow.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Having a complete wiring job done. The shop already found several issues I did not see. Electrical is not my strong suite. Hoping to get it back sometime this week, then I need to get it back to the paint shop for the front valance.

Reactions: blueovalfan68

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
I have an old set of Foose rims on my car, 17" x 8" front and back. They are in ok shape but have some pitting and chrome issues from past abuse by previous owners. I wanted to replace them with new 17" rims 8" fronts and 9" or "10" rears with zero offsets. Much easier said than done these days. American Racing, Foose or others I've looked for are all out of stock and or not available. If I hadn't already bought brand new Nitto NT555's all around I'd have more options for rims. Looks like I'll be using what I have for now and buying new rims next year maybe. There are Foose 2 piece rims available for a premium price and 2 month wait but that's not what I want either.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Installed @gtonavy Vintage LED taillights and flashers. These things are a work of art! I think the emergency flasher was original from 1967.

Took the opportunity to clean up all the wiring in the trunk, rid all the original, decaying cloth loom for modern. Not my preference, but safety first. Cleaned the trunk too.

Also wired my vacuum gauge, now have RPM and vacuum in my center gauge pod.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ordered The Money Pit a new Golden Star hood with holes for turn signals in it from Jeggs about 2 weeks back . It came in yesterday & I put in my new building where it will have to wait until i get the alumn head on because my cam & lifters all came in today .

My new driver side door latch for the inside also came today. Got plenty to do to her just no time at this point to do any of it. But it will all happen sooner or later.

3021 - 3040 of 3054 Posts