Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

3041 - 3054 of 3054 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The wife called today when I was headed home from a job,seems ups came out with a package & did not leave it only a sticky notice. The package was going to be left at the local ups pick up spot( The local Advance Auto). Called to verify it's there & go to pick it up.

Get there and find its my new Dakota Digital Dash a day early, go figure. Its appears I am about to be busier than a cat on a beach what with all the crap I have got to do to The Money Pit. I'm thinking this is not even on the list until the head is finished & she is up and running. Actually none of it is until the head is on.

Hope it eaiser to see everything when I drive the vert at night after this is installed. I know I could have upgraded the bulbs, but this is the route I chose after all it still has a close resemblance to a stock instrument setup so a lot of people probably won't even notice that"ITS NOT ORIGINAL".

·
Registered
770 Posts
Pitbull’s video kicked me in the rear to get a set of Magnaflow’s installed that I bought a couple of years ago used from a buddy…like new still.

I needed that.🤙🏼🤙🏼

Just returned from a 4000 mile trip with Summit turbo mufflers. Not exactly sure if if was only mufflers and/or hanger that transmitted noise that I didn’t care for.

Had exhaust brackets modified and Magnaflow’s installed.

My first drive was like Pitbull’s video caption about using wrong length mufflers.😂

Hooker 6901 long tubes, 2.5” pipe to rear, Magnaflow 2-1/4” mufflers, no crossover.

At idle, I can still hear the birds chirping in the trees around the house.
Might be able to hear my wife giving me directions too.🤣

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
The wife called today when I was headed home from a job,seems ups came out with a package & did not leave it only a sticky notice. The package was going to be left at the local ups pick up spot( The local Advance Auto). Called to verify it's there & go to pick it up.

Get there and find its my new Dakota Digital Dash a day early, go figure. Its appears I am about to be busier than a cat on a beach what with all the crap I have got to do to The Money Pit. I'm thinking this is not even on the list until the head is finished & she is up and running. Actually none of it is until the head is on.

Hope it eaiser to see everything when I drive the vert at night after this is installed. I know I could have upgraded the bulbs, but this is the route I chose after all it still has a close resemblance to a stock instrument setup so a lot of people probably won't even notice that"ITS NOT ORIGINAL".
View attachment 798501

Going from factory to the new Dakota Digital was one of the best upgrades I have done to the car. Super impressed with it.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
Pitbull’s video kicked me in the rear to get a set of Magnaflow’s installed that I bought a couple of years ago used from a buddy…like new still.

I needed that.🤙🏼🤙🏼

Just returned from a 4000 mile trip with Summit turbo mufflers. Not exactly sure if if was only mufflers and/or hanger that transmitted noise that I didn’t care for.

Had exhaust brackets modified and Magnaflow’s installed.

My first drive was like Pitbull’s video caption about using wrong length mufflers.😂

Hooker 6901 long tubes, 2.5” pipe to rear, Magnaflow 2-1/4” mufflers, no crossover.

At idle, I can still hear the birds chirping in the trees around the house.
Might be able to hear my wife giving me directions too.🤣 View attachment 798531 View attachment 798532
My car will be going back under the muffler knife soon I hope. The resonance has gotten worse now that the mufflers are broken in. At about 1800 rpm the system vibrates a bit and at 2500 to 2800 its almost unbearable especially on deceleration. Once I manage to break 3000rpm (highway speeds) it nice and quiet. So at this point I've no real idea what the fix is, the installation of the current system is amazing and extremely well done, it's just going to be a matter of larger mufflers? / resonators? / or what? With a bit of time and testing I will figure this out.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
Going from factory to the new Dakota Digital was one of the best upgrades I have done to the car. Super impressed with it.

View attachment 798552
I just ordered the Dikota Digital RTX dash for my car, pretty excited to see it in someday as I hate my existing old dash, can't see **** even with an LED light upgrade.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,400 Posts
My car will be going back under the muffler knife soon I hope. The resonance has gotten worse now that the mufflers are broken in. At about 1800 rpm the system vibrates a bit and at 2500 to 2800 its almost unbearable especially on deceleration. Once I manage to break 3000rpm (highway speeds) it nice and quiet. So at this point I've no real idea what the fix is, the installation of the current system is amazing and extremely well done, it's just going to be a matter of larger mufflers? / resonators? / or what? With a bit of time and testing I will figure this out.
H/x pipe in your current system? I've read articles about adding anti resonator tubes, not sure if you have room.

·
Registered
70 Posts
cut up and welded the electric prius power steering motor in and made a floor mount. Still needs some work/adjustment. clutch and brake seem to have enough clearance. on to the wiring nightmare of hiding it all. Drove around the yard to make sure it works. turns the manual steering on the rack and pinion to something that can be steered with one finger. next I have to rob the factory power steering off my daughters mustang to install on my dads, then put electric power steering on my daughters. The dads is way to nice to cut up................

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
H/x pipe in your current system? I've read articles about adding anti resonator tubes, not sure if you have room.
X-pipe crossover, and I have room both in front of the mufflers (after the X-Pipe) and after the pipes go over the rear axle before the tips. The guy at Carlane Exhaust was thinking that mounting a set of resonators just before the tips might work best. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether it's best before or after the mufflers. He just installed a set of resonators post muffler on a 69 Fastback 2 days ago. We'll see how that worked out for him and hopefully it will work for me. At this point everything is a test.

20210528_193626.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
X-pipe crossover, and I have room both in front of the mufflers (after the X-Pipe) and after the pipes go over the rear axle before the tips. The guy at Carlane Exhaust was thinking that mounting a set of resonators just before the tips might work best. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether it's best before or after the mufflers. He just installed a set of resonators post muffler on a 69 Fastback 2 days ago. We'll see how that worked out for him and hopefully it will work for me. At this point everything is a test.

View attachment 798589
This appeared to work as great resonators with my Summit turbos. Seriously, it was quite…could not drive it like this unfortunately to see how well it worked.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
180 Posts
Just visited my exhaust buddy and he is getting me a pair of nice 3 1/2" dia stainless resonators and will stuff them right in before my exhaust tips. He just did a set 2 days ago on another old Mustang and they did the trick, owner is very happy with the outcome but says he does miss some of the rumble...can't have it all. If mine gets too quiet after the resonators are installed, I'll just put in a set of these for those childish moments where I feel the need to make some excessive noise.
Screenshot_20210610-191209_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
Information on resonators?
JIC

cutouts…after the headers right?😂

Reactions: Pittbull

·
Registered
611 Posts
Meanwhile...all this talk about making exhausts quieter and i'm thinking of swapping the Super Turbos back to the Magnaflows on my 3" exhaust just to see how much louder it'll make it. I'm also not a big fan of how the ST's neck down 3" exhaust to a 2.5" inside the muffler. The performance change is probably negligible but its the principle of the thing.

3041 - 3054 of 3054 Posts