Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2210 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
For the front suspension area, that piece that goes over the struts/springs (not sure what it's called), is that piece necessary? Other than having the bump stop connected to it? It's not shown here.
Not sure what you mean. The struts run from the lower controll arms forward to the frame. Are you referring to the spring saddle at the top of the tower?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Not sure what you mean. The struts run from the lower controll arms forward to the frame. Are you referring to the spring saddle at the top of the tower?
it's just that piece of sheet metal that is kinda formed and bolted to the outside strut tower. If I had a picture I could show you. I attempted to do a quick illustration of what it looks like on your picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Global West makes a really nice piece that goes on the outside of shock towers to replace the factory (heavy) piece and just as importantly gives access to adjusting shocks and coil over springs. Plus it just looks nice.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So is that piece necessary then? Might have to check out that GW one.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
it's just that piece of sheet metal that is kinda formed and bolted to the outside strut tower. If I had a picture I could show you. I attempted to do a quick illustration of what it looks like on your picture.
Ok. i know what you mean. That is structural. It kind of ties the tower together. I wouldn't try to go without it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Found this pic on street or tracks site:

And said this: "Race system installed on a 1965 Mustang.
Optional shock shaft mounted bump stop used enabling removal of outer shock tower cover."

Seems like it would be ok to go without, if they're running without it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Converted my 94 over to E85 1000cfm Holley Ultra HP carb setup. Rem: these take -8AN fittings rather than the 7/8-20 so plan ahead, unlike me :)

Forgot just how long it takes to re-prime a mechanical pumped fuel system once drained and using -8AN to RR top draw Fuel Cell and quart filter. Took about a 1/2 hour with required breaks for electrical system/starter to not over work it at 12.5:1 compression. Should have filled float bowls before mounting on car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice, looking forward to hearing more on your E85 setup!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Wished I could of drove her today...

But I'd rather get drunk with my buddies at the Marine Corps Ball!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Scored an almost brand new set of JBA shorty headers for my '68 off ebay for $175! Stoked!

Also ordered a Modern Driveline crossmember, and I'm looking at picking up a set of ASA Revolution rims. They are 18's, which is bigger than I'd like, but the price is definitely right on them!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Fixed a small coolant leak I didn't realize I had. Tightened a couple other bolts while I was looking around and saw some seeping. Then I started her up and added air in the tires while she warmed up. I was going to go for a drive but ended up pulling weeds instead :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sanded some more. I think I am done as it will get. Going to call the painter this week and get it scheduled.

41 - 60 of 2210 Posts