Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 2278 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Removed the firewall insulation, since it was all breaking apart and throwing crap in the air every time I drive it. On a better note, it dropped 5 lbs. That will be short lived since I plan on putting dynamat on the entire inside of the firewall.

Mounted up the rear fiberglass bumper. Hopefully it holds, only time will tell. I did a custom mounting to it, so I wouldn't have to drill holes. That rear bumper dropped 11 lbs. That was just the bumpers, not counting the mounting bracket. Here are some pics, not the best, but you get the point:

I also fixed my stereo, finally. It wasn't working for awhile, no power to it. Figured that out; I'm quite happy since electrical isn't my thing. Total, today, I dropped another 20 lbs off the car. Good day for vehicle weight loss!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Went to go drive the stang last night and it kept back firing... For around 15 min. It was cold, but not super cold (socal weather). Unsure what caused it since I couldn't figure it out before we left last night. Any ideas?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Installed a new antenna, touched up a bunch of chips in the paint and am getting ready to sand down the rocker panels and paint them. The 30 year old crappy paint job isn't sticking to the rocker panels very well. Time to touch them up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
+1 on really nice, with great touches in getting some of that wiring out of the bay. SWEET, IMCOBRA

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Aired up the tires---then took it out and run the dog sh$$ out of it. Don't care because if i blow it up be a good excuse to finish the 351W I'm building and put it in. :pirate:

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Fixed an idling issue.

Received some more parts from CJ Pony...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Put on a H&R spacer kit for the front wheels and took off the strut tower covers to see what they weigh. Both weighed in at 7 lbs, a tempting 7 lbs to take off the front.

Installed new head gaskets to fix the leaking issue with the cork. Also replaced the valve covers with some black Ford Racing ones.

Some new front pics with the spacers installed.

Not too bad looking now. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Picked up a nice used power seat base for the driver's seat in my '94 Cobra, as the forward and reverse gears are stripped. Hopefully I can clean it up tomorrow and get it installed, along with the passenger window regulator and motor, which also started acting up recently. Once those 2 things are fixed I hope to sell the car, which is currently for sale. After that happens, I'm ordering a 2014 GT premium with lots of options! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Weighed her.

Not the most accurate scales, each scale is give or take 10-20 lbs, haha. But it gives me an idea where the car is sitting.

Front left: 930 lbs
Front right: 870 lbs
Rear left: 720
Rear right: 700

Total weight: 3220 lbs

I also think that the lat left side is a little heavier, by at least 20-30 lbs. I have a 40 lb battery on the rear right side and it still came in lighter... it had to be that little incline the car was on.

So I think it's more like:
Front left: 910 lbs
Front right: 890 lbs
Rear left: 700 lbs
Rear right: 720 lbs

Just a guess... I need to get on some real scales, not some crappy wheel scales that we use for tactical vehicles. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not completely mustang related but finally got my air compressor hooked up that I picked up a week ago. It's an 80gal 5hp 3ph can't wait to start using it.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Installed the fiberglass bumper, finally. With some custom mounting I was able to drop a total of 20it lbs off the very front of the car. Im quite happy with that!

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Not completely mustang related but finally got my air compressor hooked up that I picked up a week ago. It's an 80gal 5hp 3ph can't wait to start using it.
We'll the question was what did you do for your mustang--right. Sure your mustang will get a lot of use out of it. IMO there nice compressors for the money, same kind i got and been using for years with no problems at all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Installed a Scott Drake 7 qt "T" Oil pan today. Wasn't sure what I was getting my self into... didn't take too long at all. Took 5 hours! That was including getting all the tools ready, jacking up the car, warming it up, draining the oil, etc.

I was looking at my pistons and them seem, to me, to look like they're aluminum pistons. Could someone take a look and let me know what you think?

And are these the OE rods? Look like I beams or something... idk.

-----------------------------------------------------------
And pics of the installed fb bumper.

61 - 80 of 2278 Posts