Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 2218 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Out with the old 289! Man I love working on a completely rust free California car!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Started on filling my holes where the emblems were placed, banging a couple dents in, and jaw dropping when I found an almost near half dollar sized hole in my bottom quarter panel. Managed to cleaned that out and throw some corroseal on it, thinking it's saved.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Got her down off jack stands for the first time in a couple months. The 3.25 rear is definitely better than the 2.8.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Haven't done anything to the '68 but just finished rebuilding the 5.0 for my '89 & have spent most the morning stabbing the trans.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Sold one of mine, next is a lot of extra parts. Then I can hopefully not fell stressed out over not getting anything done.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Pulled the eng & tranny from my 66 to get better access to weld in the cowl and in preparation to replacing the left side apron and radiator core. Pretty darn easy to pull a 6 cyl, especially after I cut out the radiator core!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Nice install! But, have to ask, "Why no balancer pipe?
Happy Motoring...
Eh, I did a lot of reading on x pipe, h pipe, scavenging, etc... and when it came down to it, I just wanted a clean exhaust that I didn't have to remove when I drop the transmission. I've run straight duals on a few other vehicles as well. I like the sound and I've never had the "popping" sound some people talk about? Maybe they need to tune their cars better. :shrug:

Anyway, I put a couple hundred miles on it this weekend after the install... weeeeeeeee. It clearly sounds like it has a V8 now (with the single stock exhaust it had, it almost sounded like an I-6), but it's not annoyingly loud and I went with a quieter muffler.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Finally found and ordered the hood hinge nuts to replace mine that were ripped out a few decades ago. Now maybe I can get some paint on the engine bay.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
How are you cleaning the hardware before decorating them?

1361 - 1380 of 2218 Posts