Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 2396 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Bolted on passenger side door to check alignment with new quarter panel, THEN wrestled new quarter in place and started welding on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Windshield and trim went in this morning :smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Started on the 8.8 I picked up a few years ago for a 100$ brakes and all. Gonna have to be narrowed, It's out of an 06 GT.
this thing had more brackets on it than you could shake a stick at.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,058 Posts
Welded in the patch pieces for the rear section of the l/s frame rail.

Also started welding in the l/s cowl side panel patch until it started to raid. At least I got in 4 hrs of work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Doors and trunk lid installed and aligned (pre-painted), now for the door weatherstriping... :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Saturday I block sanded the trunk lid and front fenders. There are a few spots that need attention on all 3 parts.

Today I stripped the cowl grill cover and primed it. I ended up using paint stripper and a wire wheel to get in between all the slots.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Recieved quite a few packages today. The ups man was sweating by the time he carried them to the door.
cj pony's packaging of heavy items leaves a lot to be desired. This isn't the first heavy item they've shipped that the box was barely hanging on upon arrival. Luckily no damage to the part.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Got some time to actually work on the car. Hoping to get it setting on all fours in the next month (first time in over a decade, it's been riding a dolly) if I can get time off work that the wife hasn't claimed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got to drive it for a bit getting the inspection done! Quite fun to drive but I'm finding more and more that needs work. Looking like a frame off may actually be required for the long run. Though I'll probably still drive it for a few months first for fun. Found they screwed a patch onto the floor board, also some terrible surface rust on the gas tank but the inside looks pretty decent. Found out that fixing the cowl vents is gonna be a lot more extensive then I was hoping too...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Nothing serious but sometimes i gotta sneak out to the shop after work before everyone wakes up and just tinker. Went to bolt the dust shields back on to the spindles and realized I hadn't restored the hardware. Well that's done now. Threw the pitman arm nut and washer in while I was at it.

1521 - 1540 of 2396 Posts