Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1621 - 1640 of 2210 Posts

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
This past summer, we picked up a Baldor for $15 at the GoodWill.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Me, took a break from the interior and decided to yank my FlowMaster 50's and threw in a set of Spintechs. Oh, and finally got off my backside to install the panhard bar. Now I have to completely rebuild the rear exhaust, got the drivers side tac'd in, working the pass side this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Very nice on that fitech system! Too bad we probably won't get info from him.... 4 posts.... :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Built a rear axle for my 67 coupe yesterday. The Ford purists might not like it, but it's a GM full float 14 bolt center with big 9" housing ends to convert it to semi float, and Expo 8.8 brakes.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Got my auto city classics (Tomsclassics on ebay) rear disc kit installed...It was $250 and had a few gotchas. 1st you have to drill the rotors to fit flush for the countersink. Also it doesnt mention where to put the connector for the brake lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
This was actually a couple days ago so dont ding me too hard but I replaced the junk driver rear torque box in my 66 coupe with a 66 convertible rear torque box. I also prepared the drivers side floor, vert inner rocker, and vert front torque box for installation. I'll finish that up this weekend.

Put a rough jig in to make sure everything stays aligned for the install

Oh! I also fit a new radiator...

It was a busy Monday...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Made the shelf for my console. Need to a good hinge to complete it.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I ran over to the welding supply, got some new goggles to try and swapped for a new mig gas bottle. On the way back I stopped at Nappa and ordered new king pins and bushings for the truck(oh joy). After that I got down to the shop, hooked the new bottle up and then laid under my car for about 3 hours grinding down welds I put on yesterday. I am stuck in weld, grind, sand smooth, rinse and repeat right now on these front pan and firewall patches I'm trying to get done. I have one left to final fit and weld in under there and then I can hack out my old radiator support and put in a new one.

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Built a rear axle for my 67 coupe yesterday. The Ford purists might not like it, but it's a GM full float 14 bolt center with big 9" housing ends to convert it to semi float, and Expo 8.8 brakes.

You don't have to be a purist to not like it :)
There's a reason Chebby guys use the 9".

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Me, took a break from the interior and decided to yank my FlowMaster 50's and threw in a set of Spintechs. Oh, and finally got off my backside to install the panhard bar. Now I have to completely rebuild the rear exhaust, got the drivers side tac'd in, working the pass side this weekend.
It might just be the pic angle, but are not panhard bars suppose to be level to function properly?

1621 - 1640 of 2210 Posts