Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 2278 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The issue of the day is it'll randomly die on me while driving. Just up and shuts off without warning. 4 times in about 30 miles so far, all at low speeds, accelerating from a stop.

Today I replaced the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb (it had a nasty kink in it that was probably pinching off some flow), and replaced the fuel filter. Also replaced the PCV filter (boy was it filthy), hose (it was a hack job put on by whoever did it), and grommet (hard as a rock!). Started checking compression but ran out of time. So far 2 cylinders at 150 pounds, so all good so far. I'll finish the compression tests tomorrow.

4 new tires arrived today, with the 4 wheels due on Thursday. That'll let me install the new disk brake kit on the front this weekend. New LED halo headlights due Thursday as well. Steering wheel to arrive Friday. Also ordered some LED sequential tail lights today. CJ is making a killing off me.

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,899 Posts
Saturday I got the rear differential rebuilt w/trac-loc, 3.50 gears, new bearings, & new axle bearings by 8and9inchfordrears in southwestern NJ.

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,899 Posts
What town are these guys located? I'm gonna need the same thing soon.
Frank,
He is in Pennsville, NJ off the NJ turnpike last exit in NJ before the bridge to Delaware. His name is Alan, his e mail is [email protected] I set up a day & time to go to his shop & he did the work in a couple hours while I waited. Great guy to deal with. BTW where are you in NJ?.
Mike.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Frank,
He is in Pennsville, NJ off the NJ turnpike last exit in NJ before the bridge to Delaware. His name is Alan, his e mail is [email protected] I set up a day & time to go to his shop & he did the work in a couple hours while I waited. Great guy to deal with. BTW where are you in NJ?.
Mike.

Thanks Mike! I'm in Burlington Twp.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Squeegeed the windshield and back glass and battled Los Angeles traffic to the office (not unlike any other day). The best thing we can do to/for our cars is DRIVE THEM! :pirate:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Got Subframe connectors in

https://mikemaierinc.com/product/mustang/mod-xl-subframe-connectors-2/

- wow, this mod was able to keep my car straight over uneven and broken segments on the freeway - I couldn't believe it. No longer do I have to grip the steering wheel like I did before. Just the weight of my hands resting on the wheel was enough to keep the car straight

Adjust the clutch, engagement was too low. Now engagement is higher up and the clutch "feels" lighter

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,899 Posts
I cut the rear leaf spring front eyelet bolt to remove the r/s leaf spring.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I installed new 1 inch drop leaf springs and had to put some washers under the center pin bolt to get them to go up higher into the spring perches and keep the rear centered! Of course I also had to hog out the holes on the shelby underride bar plates as the rear now sits back about a 1/4 inch more than before. The front mounts are welded to the body,so.... Wheelbase is now spot on at 108...and of course the original ubolts were just a little to short with the new 5 leafs, ron morris shock/tie down plates, and traction bars...one thing after another, but its done. No road test yet....later in the week when the roads are clean and dry.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Got two coats of Rust Bullet and seam sealer in the passenger compartment Saturday. Hope to get the Lizard Skin tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Those look nice....

Im working on installing his Coil Over suspension on my 65 now
Thanks. I just installed his coilover kit, too. Everything went together super smooth, only spot I had issues with was the bolts that go up into the lower shock mount. I had to blow out the holes and run the bolt in and out a few times to clean up the threads, i think there was some media from the sand blasting before powdercoating.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks. I just installed his coilover kit, too. Everything went together super smooth, only spot I had issues with was the bolts that go up into the lower shock mount. I had to blow out the holes and run the bolt in and out a few times to clean up the threads, i think there was some media from the sand blasting before powdercoating.

PICS OR I CALL BS :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

1681 - 1700 of 2278 Posts