Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 2309 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the rack turn alot smoother? Looks like you have a coilover set-up also.
Yeah it is smooth but the main difference is the road feel and how much tighter it is compared to the old stock power steering stuff. I even had a flaming river quick ratio box and new control valve, but the rack if far better. The car drives like it is on rails. The coil over made a big difference but the rack just finishes the updates that I have done.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Swapped out my fuel sender for one from oreillys. Found out the hard way it required modification to fit... had to cut the tube an inch, change out the sock.. before I installed it, I tested the sender with my linear autometer. Finally works!

·
Registered
20,349 Posts
A 18" GM thermostatic clutch fan. Hey it's still a high quality fan blade. I used a clutch from a 75 350 Impala and a 1" hayden fan spacer.

And a Zray lower cross memeber. This thing fits awesome! Not only that but it clears my Canton pan. The stock cross member was hitting.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Zrays crossmember is awesome, I have one on my car. I have a Canton pan on the 351w going in, I hope it clears like yours does.

Got a new steering box from Chock and some Baer tie rods form John at Opnetracker. Roller idler is in the mail!

20170325_132420 by Brett, on Flickr

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,943 Posts
Installed the rear end housing, center differential, new rear shocks, tightened all the rear spring bolts, removed the old steel brake line to the rear, & the old rubber line to the rear end housing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
SoT coilover front installed munus tightening the coilover bolts. and sway bar.

2005 GT disc Brakes

and put my 20s on until u get wheels for it...Only thing i had tires on. They barely sit over the ball joint...2014 offset

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Looks great! I see you got the rubber bumper to replace the stock bump stop. What wheels are you looking at getting?
I really dont know yet, i do like the bg gassers i have on my 67. Im not quiet sure style wise what ill go with, may do some kind of silver wheels as the car will be blue...Or i may do a blue black combo style. I havent even started with the body other then the fastback conversion so i have plenty to do

·
Registered
6,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Not today but a while ago, ripped out the PS pump and the rest of the O/E power steering.
The engine bay seems less busy now plus freed up a bit of HP.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Cruised for about 2 hours in the 67.....1 hour each direction but im getting some substancial vibration out of the pass side front i think.......I could feel it shaking the steering wheel and i could hear some noise...Not clue what it couled be.,.,.Just recently alligned it and set the toe in and it tracks great....All the stuff is brand new......Im wondering if it could be the tires or maybe shocks but i doubt it so now i have to try to figure that out

Any tips?

1701 - 1720 of 2309 Posts