Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 2272 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just mocked up my mustangsteve clutch cable kit. Great kit! I'm gonna try to find a grommet to go in that hole in the firewall.
Great to see your progress. I really like my Mustang Steve roller bearing kit. Always great service and quality from him.

Still waiting for my parts from powder coating :-/ Oh well, guess I get the boat ready for fishing with the boys :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
race on saturday, but more parts on monday. . . SoT upper and lower tubular pivoting control arms, 1-1/8 sway bar, and last but not least camber kit shipped as we speak. Toasted my LCA's at the last autocross, fairly new rubber and they still didn't last worth a darn. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I was gonna ask how much, but a quick google search made me spit my coffee out. :surprise:
What size are you getting?
18 X 8 and 18 X 9.

PS, you have coffee on your chin. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Cleaned up the shop and just for giggles i threw in my rear springs and housing. I bought the spring kit from cjp and was totally disappointed by the hardware store bolts they had for the front of the springs but just had to laugh out loud when I put them in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Got a small load of "free" stuff from cjp today. Can't beat it for the price and at this stage every penny counts. Should have a couple more boxes coming.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Got my passenger side fender welded up. I think with a little plannishing and a little more grinding I will be in business.

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts
Got my cluster reinstalled. Also finally installed my new fan shroud.

Slowly but surely getting it back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I didn't really do anything but get the pic from my wheel vendor, after waiting six weeks, showing me that my wheels have been assembled and will be on their way to the shop. The car isn't ready to go anywhere, just needed to do something that made us feel like we were making progress after six years. Mine are the set in the middle. Rotiform MLW

All mounted up! 😎

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I am working on a few things right now. I removed the 3rd member because it was making some noise under acceleration. It turned out that the pinion has too much play and was causing a bearing retainer to rub on the pinion gear when under load. Pretty easy fix by adjusting the preload and getting another bearing retainer.

I am also repairing an exhaust hanger that is bent. All this is to get ready to take the car in for a dyno tuning session next week. I switched over to an Accell Thruster DFI a couple years ago and my tuner does not have his dyno is the ground due to a recent move. I am taking it to a new shop to fine tune things under WOT and to improve on some drivability issues. It seems to be a little rich and wants to stumble at times.

I also just switched over from a Professional Products throttle body to an Accufab unit. I had a fried have lots of problems with his PP throttle body and when he switched back to a stock one it took care of ALL of his problems. Made me think mine was part of my issues. We will see.

I hope this takes care of all the little annoying things my car does that makes me want to leave it in the garage instead of driving it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought about $800 worth of misc parts to start putting the finishing touches on the '67 & talked to the insurance guy about starting a policy so I can get it in the road.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Was complemented by the homeless guy standing in the intersection median that he liked my '67 better than the $250,000 Ferrari idling next to me at the light!

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Picked these up yesterday. Gonna recover them with mr. mikes upholstery. The foam is in great shape.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Are those Fiero seats Scott? I have been looking into BMW seats, just gotta see whats involved in mounting them.

I got the entire factory harness out today. It was a pain but I got it out without any cuts or breaks.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Are those Fiero seats Scott? I have been looking into BMW seats, just gotta see whats involved in mounting them.

I got the entire factory harness out today. It was a pain but I got it out without any cuts or breaks.
Yep. I was picking up a 71 beetle for parts on my dune buggy and the guy had 3 fieros setting there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A lovely day ripping my dash out and going through my wiring. Trying to find the dead power wire for my MSD box. Ahhh, I'll get it!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
A lovely day ripping my dash out and going through my wiring. Trying to find the dead power wire for my MSD box. Ahhh, I'll get it!
I know the feeling. On the coupe my MSD is wired straight to the battery and the starter solenoid, I can imagine the fun trying to find bad wire int eh dash area.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well this last week has been crazy. I sold my 67 Coupe to fund my 65 Build. I Finished the front torque boxes, floors, door jambs from the fb conversion, cutout the pass side cowl from underneath, and order a MTF body kit. :)

Im also waiting on memorial day sales...Trying to decide on what parts to order...Probably going to order a brake booster, new stainless lines, new fuel lines, and maybe a few other things

1821 - 1840 of 2272 Posts