Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1841 - 1860 of 2208 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Still working on the dash. I have everything removed except the shell. Been sanding down what I can reach. It's a pain but it'll be worth it.

I got a few little parts in, here's a shot of the super nice billet pedal from Lokar:

20170523_184225 by Brett, on Flickr

I also picked up my brake pedal from the powedercoater today. Looks almost like a new factory pedal! The pedal support also has the MustangSteve roller bearings on it.

20170524_160738 by Brett, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
My car is finally running well! I had it tuned a couple days ago on a Mustang Dyno and the tuner found I had a problem with my wideband O2 sensor. It was causing it to go really rich. A new one is on the way and also some colder plugs. In the meantime it pulled 511 RWHP and 550 RWTQ. The last time it was tuned it was on a Dynojet which generally reads higher and it made 555 RWHP and about 480 RWTQ. I am happy with my numbers.

One last thing to do is to get the exhaust rerouted over the axle if I can. When I put the car on my lift the axle is being held up on the exhaust. I just replaced 2 exhaust handers because they were bent.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Finally got my export brace, monte carlo bar and shock tower caps back from powder coating. I also installed my GT Performance horn button. She is finally ready for the road again.

Attachments

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,804 Posts
Yesterday I installed the hydraulic clutch master cyl, & under dash linkage to the pedal, & today I installed the slave cyl on the trans.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My '66 coupe went for a 12 mile shakedown after being down almost 2 years on Sunday. FiTech, AAW harness, new Mike Maier Inc front coil overs with JRI shocks, torque boxes, Volvo E fan, all new PTFE/Tanks Inc fuel system ... all worked great. Ride quality was really impressive actually. Have to get down to doing some real tuning on the FiTech now, data logging is in my near future but the car ran better on that first drive than I expected, and pulled hard. I'm pretty stoked for my first Autox here in about 10 days, it has been too long. Will get the honor of getting my @s$ handed to me by a bunch of CAM cars that will likely trophy at Nationals ....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Crows Landing June 10th-11th shared event with SCCA SFR chapter. The one that should not be missed is the Larry Park at Crows Landing 7/1-7/2. Provided I do not encounter any issues I will be at both, possibly just 1 day coming up, but both days at the Larry Park for sure. Look for the red mustang with blue fenders lol, can't miss it :)

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,804 Posts
During this past week I made an L bracket from some metal I had laying around & painted it black. Then I mounted it to the flange where the cowl is welded to the firewall, & then mounted the hydraulic clutch system fluid reservoir to the bracket & installed the hose to the clutch master cyl.

·
Registered
787 Posts
After installing a new fan shroud I was getting some rubbing between the fan blades and the shroud under hard acceleration and clutch drops :). With the mid 80's Crown Vic clutch fan I am using, there is very little clearance.

So, I decided to do the pinned motor mount mod. One of the motor mounts were already starting to separate, these have less than 1K miles on them.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/engine-articles/466422-pinned-motor-mounts.html

Turned out great and cured the rubbing.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I, for one, am not familiar with the system,but, your workmanship is "spot on"!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finally got around to installing my Rocketman's Mini-Tach and Voltmeter conversion. Easy installation and they work great. It was nice to get the VDO mini tach removed from the steering column that the PO installed. It looked so tacky strapped to the column. Rocketman's Mini-Tach looks great in place of the clock that didn't work anyway.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Took both cars to a nice show today and on the way out almost ripped the collector off the left side header on a gate rail/drive way curb.Noisier than heck now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Removed the HEI style distributor that was installed by the PO and installed a Duraspark system with a Duraspark Distributor that I recurved. Seems to run better and stronger, but it's probably because I never liked that HEI dizzy that was in there.

I had a Duraspark on my 69 Mustang that ran flawlessly for me, so I am more comfortable with it than the HEI style dizzy.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well you always learn lessons the hard way. I was very frustrated welding my cowl covers in. It was spattering really bad and i have no idea why. After i ran out of wire i went to tractor supply and bought some Hobart wire and all of a sudden my welds started working better with way less spatter...So now i know to stick to name brand store bought wire. . So i have a lot of grinding and cleaning to do on the cowl

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm getting her body work then a new paint job
(WIP)
sad and happy at the same time

1841 - 1860 of 2208 Posts