Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Modified a 1971 Mustang tilt column to work in my 1970 Mustang. Look Ma, more leg room!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Out for a drive last night with the wife, I was about a block away from the house and noticed the oil pressure was reading very low. Ohh boy I thought to myself.

Well this morning my son and I hooked up a mechanical gauge, reads 53 psi cold, 45 once it warmed up. Well that was quite the relief. Found an old sending unit I had laying around and sure enough it now reads fine on the original gauge.

Finally gave her a good bath due to the amount of bugs from highway driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
work in progress

i finally started to install the front power disc brake kit on my '67 coupe. Excuse me....my wifes car! And of course I found the lower ball joint on lower control arm was shot. New arms coming as well as new front brake lines. The lines and connection were so rusted and corroded I had to cut the lines to disconnect. 50 years is a long time and alot of service. New is always better anyway. more to come....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found the correct size V-Belt to run my alternator and water pump since I performed the EPAS conversion from a Saturn Vue.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Left the daily driver '67 at home to rest today and took the new-to-me Harley to work!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I converted an old under-dash AC unit to be my new AC vents. Each AC register has a separate 2.5" hose from the new AC/Heater unit where the heater box used to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Tried out Plasti-Dip to make a hood stripe...interesting stuff.

photobucket....really?

use a different site so we can see it

·
Registered
634 Posts
Assembled the 66 A-code short block. New pistons, rings, bearings and timing set. One day closer to the first start in over 40 years!

·
Registered
90 Posts
new lower "A" arms arrived....no brake lines though...back order. You think CJPony would have mentioned that when ordering. I can get brake lines anywhere....continuing with front power brake install.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I drove from Ft. Worth, TX, to somewhere north of Hays, KS :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Installed a vintage set of traction master bars that were dealer installed on a 67 Shelby. Unlike the new version, the axle side are cast brackets and go up against the spring plate where the new ones are spaced away from the axle plate by the mounting nuts. The front bracket was made from two pieces of angle iron and was suppose to be bolted on using a long bolt to replace the existing leaf spring bolt. I didn't like that so I trimmed the piece so I could weld the bracket on and still have access to the hole for the leaf spring bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Well you always learn lessons the hard way. I was very frustrated welding my cowl covers in. It was spattering really bad and i have no idea why. After i ran out of wire i went to tractor supply and bought some Hobart wire and all of a sudden my welds started working better with way less spatter...So now i know to stick to name brand store bought wire. . So i have a lot of grinding and cleaning to do on the cowl
From what I've seen, the small spools of Hobart wire are USA made. The large spools are from China, but they seem to work well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I opened the hood and just looked at my '68 today. Is it sad that the only reason I want to keep my Pushrod engine is because I just swapped over to a 3G Alternator and March pulley's?

My 347w developed a Rod knock and now I'm going to start into the tear down of the entire car earlier than expected. I was hoping to get at least a year of driving the car before I start tearing the thing down.

:0/

1861 - 1880 of 2223 Posts