Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a good running street and highway 65 coupe. I haven't read anywhere as to a recommendation for a distributor for a '90 302 roller block and roller cam with a Holley Sniper. What experience has anyone had good or bad?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
When it comes to ignition, you can never really go wrong with MSD.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
...until Mysterious Spark Disappearance.

Which ignition system are you going to use? They are all basic triggers of a 100 year old design. $50 ProComps or Spectras work as much as a rebuilt Motorcraft from the parts store(if they are still out there). Not to cheap out but also not a part to need to obsess over, IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Your biggest concern will be getting the right gear for it to match your camshaft.

·
Registered
311 Posts
With the sniper efi, don’t you have to lock the advance in it? Or something like that?

·
Registered
748 Posts
When it comes to ignition, you can never really go wrong with MSD.
My Spark Disappeared. Bwahahaha.

For a street engine damn near any distributor will work. The fuel delivery does not care what the type of distributor is making the spark unless it wants to control the spark. Points work great!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would use Duraspark or points distributor. Both are reliable and available nearly anywhere too.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you want timing control use the HyperSpark distributor. It plugs right into the Sniper harness. The Sniper is susceptible to electromagnetic interference. Magnetic pickup distributors can be problematic. Hall-effect is best. Points?! No!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm using a MSD billet with vacuum advance and a CD box. Works perfect (Sniper Stealth)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Any thing other than a Duraspark is a waste of money for a street cruiser.
Parts are available from any local Ford store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts