Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that my rear seat does not seem to match. The top portion of my fold down seems different than the bottom portion. I want to say my dad told me once the car was not originally a fold down seat car and he got the pieces from a junk yard and converted it. Perhaps he got the lower portion from a different car than the top? Or does everyone fold down look like this?

Here is mine compared to a picture I pulled from Nick's (Dodgestang) website. (mine is on top)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/541000-541999/541371_325_full.jpg

http://www.dodgestang.com/images/RESTO025.jpg

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
My (67) looks like Dodgestangs.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
you mean the "deluxe" seat bottom?

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
The '67 seats have horizontal pleating, '68 vertical. Ford changed
the pleating direction from year to year. Sometimes deluxe was
different than standard. I believe for '67/'68 the '67s were horizontal,
'68 vertical.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
correct Slim, mine 67,deluxe are horizontal.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Standard '67 also horizontal!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
sorry?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Looks 67 for the top and 68 for the bottom.I'm onlt referring to Fast68back

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Looks to me like the bottom was recovered with 68 upholstery and the top is original.

Bottom looks newer.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car is a '68 and the bottom seems to match the front seats, which I will not reuse any way. Would a non-fold down car use the same seat bottom as a fold down? As I mentioned my dad mentioned getting the fold down from a junkyard, its very possible it came from a '67 which would explain it. When I find a set of front seats I'll recover everythning to match the lower rear seat. Thanks for all the input everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts