Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything special that I need for a spare tire in the trunk of my '66? I'm thinking I need another wheel, a jack, and I already bought a spare tire mounting kit from Ponderosa.

Do I need anything else? Where can I get this stuff? I put a message in the "wanted" section.

Thanks.
Dan

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Jack handle? It also depends on what class you show in. If you're not in concours you can add what you want, as long as it doesn't detract from the looks of the car.

BTW, if you're entered in an MCA show, you will have to have a fire extinguisher displayed either in the trunk or inside. Some shows also let you have it displayed near the car. It's a one point deduction if you don't have one (judged classes).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I don't plan on showing it. I'm pretty much just trying to get it back on the road and like the idea of having a spare in case I got a flat somewhere. So I figured I'd try to find some original stuff if I could.

Thanks for the info...you never know when you will change your mind and begin getting it ready for shows. It's so much work though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts