Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me; I do improvements over the winter months and then drive the heck out of it in the summer. This years major trip is the Mustang Steve Bash in Rockwall, TX and then visit Mom in Conroe, TX and then New Orleans and back to Colorado.
Where is your Mustang going this year?

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I'm registered & have hotel reservations made for the MCA shows in Kansas City, Mustang OK & Tucson. I'm driving my `66 FB to all three. Can't wait for these road trips from south central KS.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I'm taking the 68 to the 45th anniversary of MCA at Road Atlanta in April...assuming they have it. :unsure:

Other than that, I usually hit 6-10 cars shows every year. On good days I can get the wife to drive the 67 and we have both cars at a show.

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Taking this guy out for weekend drives.

We killed an hour and a half today. Gave mom a nice break.

153608923_10106441169781048_6626885495413164239_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I recently paid the registration and insurance....
Briefly contemplated uncovering it today. Then decided to work instead.

·
Dimples
5,564 Posts
While I’ve driven it as far as Austin before, I don’t love road tripping my car. Just not my flavor of fun.

I do drive it all over town though, whether it’s the local cruise night, over to friends shops or just for the fun of it. I’ll be doing plenty of that this year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After dinner my wife and I put the top down, head towards Woodward, decide whether we're going to go north or south, and take a relaxing ride through the rich people neighborhoods, weather permitting.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang C Code and 1973 Mach I 351c v2
50 Posts
uncover it. Work on it. Wash it. Cover it. I’ve only had it a couple of months so haven’t really drove it much. Looking forward to April and hill country cruise.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I just keep figuring out new "projects" for my 66 as I am not sure I ever want to finish it. Sounds strange maybe but it's kind of how I feel. Someday I'll have to paint the thing. Body work done and in 2K primer for 3 years now....Oh and the interior.....It will be 5 years in April this year.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I drive mine on nice days around town, my son drives his to school on most days, and we have enjoyed taking both our driven 66s on some road trips with my wife and sons lately...to surprise my wife's parents and visit at a distance when COVID struck, an isolated trip to a quiet beach last fall, and a road trip to see my parents just yesterday. I have loved Mustangs since I was a small child, and I wish everyone could enjoy owning and driving their dream car, as I do.

Reactions: Quicksilver66

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Like other members here, I am also driving them all year. Temperatures and weather use to be mild in winter and summer nights are much better than days so I drive them as much as I can. Obviously, if we expect rain, or any chance of it, I keep them safe in the stable, there are many more days to enjoy.!

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289, TKO 5-spd, EFI, 4-discs, TCP coilovers
354 Posts
Me; I do improvements over the winter months and then drive the heck out of it in the summer. This years major trip is the Mustang Steve Bash in Rockwall, TX and then visit Mom in Conroe, TX and then New Orleans and back to Colorado.
It's winter here in PA - cold, more snow / ice than usual, salt all over the roads, and nowhere to really go. Mine is up on the crib stands for the new T5z install, brake line replacements, driveline adjustment, PMGR starter install, hydraulic clutch repair and other maintenance. Hopefully, everything will be done by April-ish.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I drove mine to the grocery store yesterday.

And the county fair on Saturday.

Nothing too exciting but at least it's not covered in snow like some other cars on this board.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
A lot of staring lately as I wait for parts...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Every track event I squeeze in, and hopefully Road Atlanta this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
With lots of snow on the ground, it currently sits inside.
When the snow melts and some rain washes the salt off of the road, I'll take it for a ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stare at it in its disassembled state and sometimes wonder what I got myself into. o_O

(Spring's almost here and It'll be warm enough to hold a wrench again, then back at it)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts