Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the right front line on after removing nearly everything from the firewall. The rear line is giving me some trouble now. It looks like I need to disconnect the trans crossmember then hopefully all should be well.

Is there anything special I need to do when removing it? I was going to support the trans with my jack until I got the line in place then put the crossmember right back. I don't want to mess anything up.

Also I am acumutlating a lot of old parts now. What do you do with them all? I don't want to just throw them in the trash. I was hoping maybe a junk yard might recycle them but I haven't checked yet. Just a thought, mostly because I owe it to SWMBO to clean up the garage a little. At least her car still fits in the garage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The county site where i take my household garbage has a bin for scrap metal. The county in turn sells it to a scrapyard. I don't generate enough to bother with selling myself so i take it there to help the environment, along with my drain oil and antifreeze. I'm proud that even after building a 2 car garage over a year ago, i'm still able to get 2 cars in there. And you better believe one of them is hers ::

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Also I am acumutlating a lot of old parts now. What do you do with them all? I don't want to just throw them in the trash. I was hoping maybe a junk yard might recycle them but I haven't checked yet. Just a thought, mostly because I owe it to SWMBO to clean up the garage a little. At least her car still fits in the garage.
how about seeing if a local club member who might be low on cash coulduse the parts. i know every time i have given parts to others, it always seems to come back better on me. for example - i had an old torn up shop manual gave it to a guy who contacted me from the forum and lived a few miles away. i now have a buddy who is not only willing to help me when i need a hand with anything - but also have made a good friend that is worth a hell of a lot more than the few bucks i could have gotten from ebay. just a thought

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I have a place near my shed in the backyard for piling old parts up out of view. I collect them until I or a friend get a parts car to strip and then simply pile them on my trailer with what is left of the parts car and take it all to the scrap metal place which in turn gives me anywhere from $50-100 for the scrap. While it is being stored by the shed (or in the garage until space limitations force it's transfer next to the shed) if I find anyone who needs or has a use for any of the parts then they can take them. Either way they are being recycled.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I recently gave my parts I pulled off to a member here. I have no idea if he was able to use them or not. Hopefully it was somewhat useful. Better than throwing them away.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Your old parts are worthless and you should send them to me, postage paid of coarse. ;)Hey buy an ad on Vintage Mustang and sell them here, the other guys had good ideas. One mans junk is another mans treasure :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
i sold a lot of my leftovers on ebay. i couldnt believe that i got money for stuff that i was just going to throw away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts