Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mustangdave5 is going on quite the adventure and received some good advice. Some of you suggest carrying some spare stuff for repairs. What do you kids keep in your trunks just in case?

Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a small tool kit (in a laptop case so its nice) a jack, spare tire, water, oil, tire iron, and some paper towels

·
Registered
839 Posts
only what came from the factory and what I need for my once a year car show

Attachments

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
I just have the stuff the car came with, jack, jack handle, spare tire, etc. In my last Mustang, 67 conv. I also kept my ex wife in the trunk. JK.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Spare, jack and I think it's a 137 piece craftsman tool kit. No spare parts because what's going to break is going to be the unexpected.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Ya know I dont have a jack or a spare or tire tool...I wonder if I could find a 5 mile spare and mount it to the hook with a jack etc...?

·
Registered
650 Posts
An anti-aircraft gun...just in case!

I also have a spare tire and the factory jack. I have a small box with points, bulbs, starter solenoid, fuses, VR and instrument VR, and a few other small parts. I also throw a small tool bag in there with the basic stuff.

Joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a jack, a spare, a tool kit and insurance with tow when nothing else will work. Unless you have an unlimited amount of spare cash laying around, you won't have the right spare part when something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Points and condensor in case the Pertronix craps, screw driver, pair of pliars and a 1/2" wrench (fits battery and dizzy lock down.)

Dave

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Its seasonal

Really depends on the season, right now its soccer gear and we are switching from basket balls to base ball gear. I like to drive it to my kids games - there is nothing like rumbling a cammy set of Flowmasters through a parking lot at my kids outdoor games pretending not to notice... My friends think I was ignored as a child.

Also, battery, quart of oil, pint of power steering fluid, fuses and a Holly gasket set in the glove compartment (never used it in 10 years but its there). Longer trips I carry a spare and accessories. One thing I hate about the battery in the trunk is that its mounted on the passenger side to "offset" the driver which is an illusion at best - I travel on expense accounts if catch get my drift... So I can't bolt the spare down which I hate.

For autocross days, tool bag, pyrometer, air canister, torque wrench - you get the idea - it's a functional area for me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Currently:
I have Rags, Motor Oil, ATF and Coolant, and whatever came stock with the car.
Eventually:
I will make a small toolkit bag which will have a cheap multimeter, fuses, wrenches, basic tools (screw drivers) electrical tape and duck tap etc...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Here's an idea for you that probably most people haven't thought of. I've got some Dickies coveralls in the trunk of my daily driver so that if I have to change a flat tire or something, I won't have to risk ruining my clothes.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
tires, a pile of random tools, bodies, paper towels, jack, jack stands, and various other crap.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts