Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new ride tomorrow, a 66 289 automatic 'vert that is Signalflare Red (orange). :: It needs paint and I was thinking of some form of blue. I just don't think I can live with an orange car. Tell me what you think of this color....

Here's some samples- not my car. They look a little red in these pics but believe me, they are orange
http://www.fraserdante.com/66mustfastback.JPG

http://www.svs.com/zim/mustang/images/66-5.jpg

Is it cool- ::
or a dog- ::
or odd - ::

thanks
jim

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is your car oxidized real bad? Signal flare red does actually look quite red, bright red with a bit of a orange tint to it granted. I had a convertible that was signal flare red and it was quite a nice looking color. 1965 Poppy red is possitively orange though. ::

·
Registered
564 Posts
From what I understand that shade is about the same if not the same as Poppy Red.. I get many compliments on the color of my car and I am glad I kept it original.. BTW if you park beside a real orange car the signal flare red will look red..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a pic of my new ride yet, but I know it has been resprayed- perhaps the wrong color. Maybe what I need to do is look at an original Signalflare Red. My car is VERY orange. No one would look at it and say it was red.

Thanks
jim

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yeah, um, that car looks pretty poppy reddish to me. It is my understanding that poppy red is calypso coral, which is orange, and that signalflare red is RED red.

·
Registered
315 Posts
When I bought my car in 1984, I told the previous owner that I was going to paint it black. The guy's wife almost cried and begged me to keep it the original Signalflare Red.
Best decision I made in the first 10 years I owned the car. Not only is it original but the color (in a good paint job) really attracts attention and is unusal enough that it tells a little bit about the era that the cars were build. I've seen some recent mustangs (1999-2001?) that are similar in color and they always catch my eye on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts