Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I about too take out a loan to build on to the shop (dads) it is 24"x40" I plan on added on a spray both 12"x22" garge 20"x 24" I've got 12 years exp. in painting , and I love too work on cars.
the loan will not be a problem.

chris

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If you've got some work coming on, with prospects for more to come (until the word of mouth feeds your shop), then I'd say go for it!

Otherwise, keep your "second" job.

G

·
"on a spray both 12"x22" "

What do I think? I think a 12 inch by 22 inch might be a little cramped /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
' or " after a little methadone it all seems the same. LOL.

chris

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,497 Posts
As mentioned, look out for neighbors. Also some places have some weird regulations about "paint booths". You'd hate to get it all together then have local law come shut you down.
A friend of mine teaches bodywork at a local prison. He built a small "paint booth" sort of thing at his house for his personal projects. Some guy convinced him ($) to take on a hot rod paint project in his spare time . This guy had friends. Recently he actually had to hire a kid to work at his shop doing the prep work while he goes to his day job (good benefits). Hey, it could happen to you!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my both is going to be in the county. (alabama) as far as people around me they know to come talk (nicely to me) before calling the law and makeing me very mad. I maybe in a wheel chair right now but a phone call too family in newyork and they will take care of the problem! LOL

chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts