Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Look at the top of the page, in the red banner (New post)
ponies

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Welcome! That looks like a really sweet project. I love fastbacks, but couldn't bring myself to cut up my coupe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! That looks like a really sweet project. I love fastbacks, but couldn't bring myself to cut up my coupe.
It wasnt the plan, but the coupe needed soooo much work, that it wasnt really that much more to do it. It needed a whole new floor, quarter panels, it had no fenders. Really the best part on the car was the roof, and ive used almost all of it fabricating parts.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Wow...that takes guts and a lot of welding/fabricating knowledge.
Love the shop...I'm jealous.
It looks like it's coming along nicely....
keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Quite the undertaking. Good luck, it looks like you are on the right track! I'm loving the disco paint scheme too. The car below is a converted coupe too.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
How do you plan to build all the substructure under the rear window?

I'm having a tough time just making little patches for the rusted parts of mine.

I'm hoping to get some ideas how to make the patches from scratch.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nice project! looks like great craftsmanship as well.
Where do most people get the FB roofs anyway? are these new? it would seem to me that unless an original Fastback was completely destroyed by accident or rust that it wouldn't be smart to cut the roof off of it.......

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you plan to build all the substructure under the rear window?

I'm having a tough time just making little patches for the rusted parts of mine.

I'm hoping to get some ideas how to make the patches from scratch.
Im using the peices from the coupe and modifying them to fit what is needed. Ive used almost the whole skin from the coupe for fabricating panels and brackets. i havent repaired any rust with patches, I have just replaced everything with new parts and pieces, there was toooo much rust to repair.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice project! looks like great craftsmanship as well.
Where do most people get the FB roofs anyway? are these new? it would seem to me that unless an original Fastback was completely destroyed by accident or rust that it wouldn't be smart to cut the roof off of it.......
All of my car is new sheet metal. Roof, quarter panels, deck lid, truck. I would never cut a roof off a fastback. It would rather build a new car from the roof down, than destroy it by cutting it off. (but thats just me).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It wasnt the plan, but the coupe needed soooo much work, that it wasnt really that much more to do it. It needed a whole new floor, quarter panels, it had no fenders. Really the best part on the car was the roof, and ive used almost all of it fabricating parts.
Thanks
Well in that case, I might have done the same thing. I am definitely going to keep an eye on this build.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts