Vintage Mustang Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have read a lot about this on detailing forums and for cleaning many use washing detergent for delicates and watered down 20:1 on both vinyl and leather.

I have tried this and it works great. Effectively just a really mild detergent.

Products like Armour-all will not stop moisture from evaporating but will resist any from getting back in to the vinyl hence it will dry up over time unless you keep applying it.

Alternative is baby oil which not only smells nice but will allow moisture back in to the vinyl. Limo drivers swear by it.

Upside is that both these products are cheap and readily available.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
highly recommend Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 40 vinyl&rubber cleaner/conditioner. non-silicone based, nice sheen...not shiny, great on tires, ABS, rubber and interiors. renews black materials.
tried several others before a detailer told me about the product. always does the job and i'm particular Dman
Talk about perfect timing. I bought this and it arrived today. I love it! The interior came out fantastic.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If it is grimy I use warm water and a little Dawn. Otherwise generally use a just a damp microfiber. Then I usually use Aerospace 303 which is water based non greasy on the dash since it sometimes bakes in the sun. It can also be used on the seats etc. I have also used/tried most of the Meguiars stuff over the years and have nothing against it. Actually their vinyl rubber glaze #40 is really good and works good on older dried out interior plastic too. I just like the 303 stuff a little better, and it works good on tires. Stay the hell away from Armor All trash. It ruined the dash in my Dads truck when I was a kid and a few other things that I have seen.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
If I could get shelf space at WM I would put nice smelling water with a few drops of Dawn in a bottle with a fancy label and make millions.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts