Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have the engine all broken in, and the car almost driveable. This brings about the question, what does 420 HP feel like in the drivers seat? The only other V-8 car I've ever driven was a 96 GT, and that was so fast that I couldn't stop smiling for a whole day. I don't have too much power, do I?

Max Kern

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Don't know what 420hp feels like, but 850hp (with traction) in the 67 under my username feels AWSOME! Feels like a jet getting ready to take off on a aircraft carrier. Lot's of Fun!!!! And that's raw hp, no NOS.... Yet! :p

·
Registered
823 Posts
I wish I knew...I really wish I knew! :(

·
Registered
846 Posts
I went to Richard Petty driving school, lemme tell ya, 600Hp will set your ass back in the seat PDQ!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i rode in about a 450HP 69 camaro SS with 4.11 gears. that car stuck my ass into the BACKSEAT even in 2nd gear when he romped on it . nothing feels like a big block il tell you that .i sometimes feel like my car has some good pop when i romp on it.. then i ride in a 400 + HP big block and i say OK i have a MO PED

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
After having a Chevelle and my race cars with excesses of 650 HP, and knowing what those feel like, I was wondering what my Mustang would feel like with 450 flywheel HP, in a 347 that I built.

well, I can honestly tell you it is a lot of fun! When you get on it, it absolutely explodes and you can blow thru 6,000 RPM before you know what hit you. That is with 3.50 gears, and stock rear suspension. I also learned what wheel hop was :)......My Chevelle just spun the tires!

So, about all I can say is watch your tach!

Gary..........::

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
500 HP feels like:
Being able to go turn a corner from a dead stop and be in 4th gear before you straighten out..
Being in ANY gear, hitting the gas and being pushed into the seat...HARD.
Being able to break the tires loose anytime at any speed, and on a similar note
Having a 60 series tire with traction masters, and leaving two black marks as far as the eye can see in all gears with only a 6 inch patch between gears where it stops.
First hand knowledge from my teen years when I owned a low mileage R code 428cj with close ratio 4 sp which was built and dynoed by jegs and put out over 550hp. this was my High school daily driver ...was known as "racer John"

I will never forget all those small block vegas and other assorted chebbies owners looks as I went by!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It feels great in my 450hp Stang. It's more of a challenge to take off without burning out then to burn out.

I have and can burn out all the way thru first gear (50mph- 55mph).

I have been crusing at 20 mph and hit it and break the tires loose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts