Vintage Mustang Forums banner

What does a 1965 T Code I6 with drive train sell for?

504 12
I have a very nice I6. Has 120lbs on each cylinder. Rebuilt trans with rear end.

I am converting the entire drive train. Looking to list the drive train after Crusin the Coast. What is fair price?

thanks
Automotive fuel system Light Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44,038 Posts
Complete from carb-to-pan engine with C4 automatic, I presume? I'd say $400-500? If the rear axle is a 3.20 gear and quiet you might get $200-300 from someone with a "cooked" one.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
6,732 Posts
It's rare when someone pops in here looking for one. In my neck of the woods if someone offers you any money above scrap value, you take it and be glad you don't have to trip over it for the next few years or haul it off for scrap yourself.

·
Registered
1966 Convertible 200/C4 Silver/Red
599 Posts
FordSix.com! But it all depends. I saw a '65 200 sit forever on craigslist for $50 around here, it finally got parted out. Or a nice one can go for hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang Coupe
681 Posts
I’ve junked one because there was no interest and I needed it gone. But if there was a real interest I’d says maybe $500 for engine and trans.

·
Registered
723 Posts
For a recently rebuilt 200 I6 and good condition transmission I got $500 In 2017. I consider myself lucky. No one else inquired about it.

Allen

Reactions: Redneckgearhead
1 - 13 of 13 Posts