Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on deleted my back seat and either installing a Shelby tray of custom making something similar on my own. I was wondering how much the entire seat assembly weighs? I think the Russ'Stang needs to go on a diet....

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Keep in mind that the Shelby tray replaces the entire folding assembly, not just the seat.

I don't know the weight of the parts tho. You could always take them out and weigh them /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I'll have to grab them and jump on the bathroom scales....or I could just take them out and get on the truck scales at the motor pool......just curious. Hmmmm, wonder how much those fiberglas leaf springs would save me/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
My guess is 40 lbs. I don't know how much you actually save in weight once you add the fiberglass tray back in.....I bet it weighs in at around 20 lbs....Just my estimates.

Of course, in my case I could stand to lose 20 lbs off my fat arse, but that would not be nearly as fun as putting a Shelby package tray, would it now....????? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts