Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, VTO wheels is considering bringing in a new wheel styled after the classic Trans-Am Mustang. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Looks like a Bad Mini-Lite knock-off.. Kinda boring..

Not a fan..

Keep designing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for being honest, we really appreciate the feedback. What wheels would you like to see available that aren't currently?

·
Dimples
3,498 Posts
Don’t worry about Tony, he hates everything.

I think it looks pretty cool. Problem is, there are two timeless classics from Trans Am Racing (torq thrust/minilites) that garner the most attention. You may be on to something though for those that want something different.

I’d be interested in seeing the silver/gray options.

·
Registered
472 Posts
While wheels are far, far down my list of upgrades, I’d suggest a vintage torq-thrust style in various sizes with correct offsets for vintage Mustangs. Maybe 15x7, 16x8, 17x8. To repeat, with correct offsets.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Not gonna lie- saw the first 2 pics and thought why would I want 80's European truck wheels on my car- then saw them on the Boss and thought well...... maybe they're not so horrible..... Nope- probably wouldn't buy them, over the minilites....

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
I would not even begin to consider those wheels for my '65 Fastback. Maybe they were used on the '70 TransAm Boss 302s but they do not appeal to me. As others have said- either a 5 spoke TTD style or the Minilite style.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Frankly, not even a fan of the originals on the Boss 302. I think the mini-lites and Torq-Thrust wheels are much more attractive. But I DO APPRECIATE your effort to bring new products to our market! Thanks for supporting our hobby! I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions for what kind of wheels they'd like to see for our Mustangs.

·
Administrator
19,409 Posts
These wheels make me think of VW's for some reason. They seem a bit blocky and heavy looking. Not to my taste either I'm afraid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for all the input! Minilite seems to be a common response for a better looking wheel than what we showed earlier. Is there a shortage of larger sizing minilite wheels?

·
Registered
9,867 Posts
Hello everyone, VTO wheels is considering bringing in a new wheel styled after the classic Trans-Am Mustang. Thoughts?
Sex sells but that sexy boss nor the blond is selling that to me
I don't hate it, but there would need to be some way to finish off the center hub hole.
Yep
Looks like a Bad Mini-Lite knock-off.. Kinda boring..

Not a fan..

Keep designing...
Gotta go with Tony on this (rare) not a fan
Don’t worry about Tony, he hates everything.

I think it looks pretty cool. Problem is, there are two timeless classics from Trans Am Racing (torq thrust/minilites) that garner the most attention. You may be on to something though for those that want something different.

I’d be interested in seeing the silver/gray options.
See above ,not feeling it
While wheels are far, far down my list of upgrades, I’d suggest a vintage torq-thrust style in various sizes with correct offsets for vintage Mustangs. Maybe 15x7, 16x8, 17x8. To repeat, with correct offsets.
This
A 15x7 Torque Thrust with 4.25BS :roflao:
and this
These wheels make me think of VW's for some reason. They seem a bit blocky and heavy looking. Not to my taste either I'm afraid.
I got a Chrysler vibe from them :shrug:
call me :loco: but I like my spokes evenly dividable by my lug nuts :|

·
Registered
160 Posts
First, let me echo the thanks for thinking about new products to the market! I have been planning minilites and love the transam inspiration! I like the idea of a chunky, spiked wheel - but that image is a little too boring for me. I would love to see something with a little more detail. See image below from MMI website to see what I’m talking about.

And definitely need to include larger sizes and widths! 17” and 18” for sure. Also include wider options, remember that transam style guys may very likely have flares!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
652 Posts
I also agree with narrower spokes. I've been looking for AGES for a gloss or matte black spoke-y wheel that fits a '65 with no modifications necessary. If you could produce, then I'd definitely buy.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
my .02

Again guys this feedback is awesome, alex1965 are you saying something similar to the BBS CI-R's?
I would love to see this wheel with the right dish and backspace to work on our cars. If I could buy this in 16x8 with 4.5 backspacing, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Thanks for bringing new bling to us. That said I am in the market for wheels for the 65- but alas these aren't to my taste. I like the torque thrust style/magnum 500 styles- (but they are sooo common) - so I would second (or third) the idea of proper back spacing and sizes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like them as they are different than any other wheels that I have seen on mustangs. I love the minilite wheels from the trans am days, but these come as a close second. To me they look robust and have a made for racing style to them. But again... this is just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts