Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of them from a friend that has a 32 ford but they are strait and have a milled bars on them. they look pretty simple compared to the 71-73 panels that have alot of crap compared to the ones on a hot rod or lets say a 65 mustang. any sites that have info?
One other thing WHAT THE HELL IS UP with the carpet on the bottom of our later stangs IMO its so realy realy tacky.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I've got some on the drawing board, but it will probably be next summer before anything becomes of them. Will be doing custom panels for 69 thru 73. I'm just about finished with ones that I'm having done for my 66. These will be available to the public pretty soon, just trying to work out a couple of set backs! We are almost done with a different pattern for 67/68's.

Here's what mine looks like! I'm having the door panels skinned in black naugahyde which will be vacuumed formed, as I did not want any sewn seams around any of the raised or styled areas on the panels.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL76/711583/1216381/30894345.jpg

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
If you have your own idea about how it should look, talk to local trim/upholstery shops. Most of them have the capability to fabricate something that is fairly flat. Not sure about cost though. On the lower door carpet, I guess it's a combination of style (1970's = disco, leisure suits, etc!!!)and practicality...carpet doesn't show scuff marks from shoes.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I made my own door panels using closed cell (landau) foam and fabric. I made a groove in it to mimic the chrome looking trim piece of a regular 66. It is easy to do and you can do alot more things than just my boring panel fairly easy. Here is a not so great pic. If you are interested in details let me know and I'll post them here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gp2mff/pony/door/drpnld2.JPG

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Details, details! Please post how you did this and what to use. I need to do this so bad, but don't want to spend $50 on some cheesy, junk panels from the magazines that will simply pull apart in a few years! ::

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys. I moved my website to a new hosting company this week and with all the virus stuff going on we just got it all transported and working. Go to www.2mfffabshop.com and click on Door Panels on the slide out menu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts