Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting some nice exhaust tips for my 67 coupe and wanted to see what some of you guys have gone with. I have a regular rear valance, not the one with exhaust cutouts. Can you guys post up pictures of what your cars look like from the back.

I'm just not sure how it will look with exhaust tips on a regular rear valance.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
looks like cut outs to me!

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
You can just barely see the tips hanging down OEM style. Unless you use an original style cutout valance other factory style exposed exhaust tips, I think it looks much cleaner not having them exposed. Everyone around here has dual exhaust pipes sticking out the back of their pickup and it looks like redneck style.

Here's my car,

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
If I didn't have OEM cutout valence, with dual exhaust tips, I woulda gone with right in front of the back tires.

·
Registered
170 Posts
looks like my:ba::shocked::shaking:!!!
LMAO. That looks like single exhaust. I think the OP was asking about dual exhaust. Duals should look more like: :ba::ba:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
just looking for trouble aren't ya!

·
Super Moderator
10,019 Posts
LMAO. That looks like single exhaust. I think the OP was asking about dual exhaust. Duals should look more like: :ba::ba:

Good one:pirate:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Those big f/g flares were all the rage in the 70's I remember seeing an article on fitting them in a 70's Peterson publication. did you put them on?

GB
Yes, I installed them but it's not done. The Cobra IRS is 2" wider per side, plus I stuffed 19x10s under the rear, 19x9s front. 285/30-19's all around.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts