Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exhaust system should I get for my 73' Coupe? Names of systems and sites to find them on would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
What exactly are you looking for in your exhaust system? Do you currently have manifolds or headers? Give us a little more info on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Use the "Search" link at the top for this topic. Its been discussed many times before and with great "passion".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is stock, other then the 351w, so I have manifolds on it. I just want to know what pipes i should get, etc.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Well if you stick w/the manifolds and want something that "bolts up", you will have to get something from one of the many Vintage Mustang vendors or if you plan on taking it to a muffler shop, just buy the muffs that you want from Jeg's or Summit(you will save a bundle here) and then have a local muff shop fab you up a system. I would stick w/a 2-1/4" system for you current motor setup.

·
Registered
466 Posts
if you are going to do exhaust. why not just put headers on it? save you a lot of time and money in the long run if you do it now, i got hooker headers on mine. cost 150 and then get some good muffs and have someone fab the system on for you.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
if you want something loud ( flowmaster 2 chambers) , if you want something that still sounds good and doesnt rock your world, alot of ppl seem to like dynomax( spelling?) mufflers or maybe even something like a Spintech still sounds good. but as said before, if you want it to sound even better think about spending the extra money on some headers, and maybe an X pipe if you want to go that extra mile. and i agree on 2 1/4 pipe for your setup, or 2 1/2 for some growing room if you plan on something more exotic in the cars future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts