Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go w/ an aftermarket front suspension kit and I'd like to know the final installed price above and beyond the obvious price tag of the kit.

I'm looking at the TCI kit, mostly because I don't know of anything else thats eliminates the shock towers and isn't a M2 setup.

What are my other options?

How difficult is this to install? I've built my own roll cages, installed K members on fox bodies, install my own gears, build my own motors, etc. So i have some mechanical ability.

I assume I just run the late model SN95 offset wheels but will I need to modify the fenders aside from rolling the fender lip some more to run an 8-8.5" wheel? Does it cause any geometry issues with the driveline by raising/lowering the motor? Anything severe enough that I would need to mod the trans tunnel or firewall?
Do I need to reinforce the front frame rails or do i need to make my own modified export braces since they go away w/ this kit?

Thanks, and as always picture help!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked over that site but couldn't find any kits that eliminate the shock towers. I also checked out the TCP that you mentioned w/ similar results.

I really need the room under the hood as its going to be a twin turbo setup and it will only complicate things and give it a cluttered look to retain the towers.
Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm looking to order something in the next day or so.
I really need something that changes to a front steer as well to help with oil pan options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts