Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy at work about his '57 Chevy with a 400+ hp 350 and another guy (same age as me, 18) says: yea, I've got a geo, it comes 120hp stock, and as soon as I put on the exhaust and cold air intake with my next paycheck I'll get 170hp easily.
Well I just smiled and didnt say anything, but the guy I was talking to was cool enough to say "HAHA No you arent...you will be lucky to get 130hp out of it" And the geo guy just said, oh well I think I should get a lot more than that.
I just thought this was pretty funny and such thinking seems to be quite normal around people who drive these cars....wonder what goes on in their heads??? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
188 Posts
those have got to be the slowest cars in the world. They feel fast only because they are small and the cars have absolutely no insulation.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
is this a metro? i think they are less than 80 hp :S

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its not just now, I used to run into that when I was a kid. Someone would have an old chevy,[always a 305, or a 307] throw a set of valve covers, and a open air cleaner on it, and they think it would run 12's. Or eaven wurse, the guy that would throw a ton of mis-matched parts at it, and thinks he has a 9sec car. NOT!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
heh... this reminds me of this one ricer kid we have at school. he has a late 80's honda civic with a fart can soldered on to the tail pipe, and thinks its fast. the real funny part is that its a stick, and he can't drive stick, so every time he puts it in gear, he churps the tires and looks like an ass (which he is...)
i laugh every time i think about it.. heh

- jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts