Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I run Quaker state....I figure if it's good enought for Jeff Gordon...... :rolleyes:... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
figure if it's good enough for Jeff Gordon
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I didn't know he built engines too.....actually, me thinks the engine shops TELLS him what they are running....but who cares about him

:puke: :puke: :puke:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Dan,
Unless they have changed their policies recently I surprised what you are telling me. The oil always smells, is black and they warranteed their work even with amsoil in my '02 X diesel. Why would the entire trucking industry use synthetic oil and the big three not? There is a debate going on the ford-truck.com spefically dealing with SD and diesels.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.....that's why I love ya man! :rofl:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Has nothing to do with "synthetic" Danno. There are plenty of API certified synthetic oils. Like I said, I've heard good things about Amsoil. Problem is, it isn't API certified, and the warranty states you must use API certified oil (synthetic or dino juice). I imagine most Ford dealers wouldn't make an issue of this, but if you had a major engine failure and they discovered the Amsoil, they could deny warranty. I've read about this on Dieselstop.com and ford-truck.com, but don't have any 1st hand experience, so I could be talking out the wrong bodily orifice here.

I do know that any work on these 6.0 PSD's is EXTREMELY expensive, and for that reason the 7 year power train warranty is my trucks most valuable feature!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
You're so flippin hilarious!! Just about fell outta my chair... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'll show you who's #1 alright. :winkgrin:

Me and Jeff go way back...who do you think setup his cars when he was winning those championships....then his head got too big and thought he could do it himself and he hasn't won one since!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts