Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have Bob Dooley, with some assistance from me, created?? A monster?

I'm tickled pink (flamingo pink that is!) and amazed that everyone has managed to make the jump, and learned how to work the new forum. Yes, it has some quirks, idiosyncrocies, and charm (???), and it will take some getting used to. Just keep plugging away.

I'd like to suggest that we continue testing here for a week or two, and if everything goes well, then we all begin to migrate on a permanent basis. I, and any other volunteers, will keep up the old forum, directing those to this site. Who wants to help?

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry Midlife! I can't help cause I'm still trying to figure out what to click on next!

1967 Coupe
Auto w/C4
302 w/Edelbrock 1406 carb and Edelbrock intake

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
After the backlash I received everytime I brought this up I am happy it is going well. http://forum.animepitstop.com/images/smilies/beerchug.gif I never mentioned in my proposals that I thought Bob might HAVE to switch because of the strain the old forum was putting on the server (HIS server). Not to mention my fears that a beta forum could easily crash with no support available from its creator. Did not want to put words in his mouth so to speak.

It has been an interesting experiment in human behavior though!

Now as a gesture of good faith it is my goal to assist any way I can in getting those having problems and even the doubters over to this new format. Of course someone might want to tell DailyDriver cause he's hitting that "Ignore User" button on me http://forum.animepitstop.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Since I already said I wasn't leaving the old place, I suppose it's only right
that I help redirect everyone over here, lest they all start to think we've
been sucked into a Twilight Zone vortex.

PS: Good suggestions in your letter to Bob, Midlife - I just read it

·
Registered
676 Posts
it'll be my pleasure!!

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
No I'm not. I haven't found it yet. But, while I'm here, how can I change my password from that squirrely one the random generator assigned me?

65 FB "Get your facts straight first, then you can distort them as much as you wish!"

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Just click on Edit Profile at the top of the page, then click on Basic Profile type the password in twice in the appropriate boxes, and you're off and running. HTH.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
What Johnpro said - he replied before I got this out.

It is possible and without having the pictures and images displayed at that. I run with out 'em so my poor ol' PII with the 56K modem can load faster.

Good luck and I hope everyone joins in. I'm beginning to like this board even more and thought Jay had a valid point even if I didn't get my .02 in - because the thread got buried by the time I logged in. But wait, I don't care for the thread goes to the top option -erg! I hate contradicting myself.

I like the editing feature too. Thanks Mr. Dooley!

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Dean_T on 03/06/01 02:33 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts